Wood Source in SF Bay Area

I am looking for a good source of Oak, Walnut etc in the San Francisco Bay Area, anybody have any suggestions? Also is there any woodworking clubs in the area? I thought I saw one at the local woodworking show that was held a few months back, but lost my info on them.
Thanks
Joe
j<spam> snipped-for-privacy@divi.com
Southern Lumber in San Jose... if you're anywhere near the South Bay.
Dunno about clubs locally though.
Brian.

Club meets in the Foster City Library. Don't have any other knowledge of it.
Mcbeaths Hardwoods in Berkeley or SF.Also try Handloggers Supply used to be in Marin, but moved ? Or try Mt. Storm Hardwoods in Windsor, Ca.

Mcbeath hardwoods in Berkeley is a fantastic place with very reasonable prices. There lumber selection is fantastic and the prices extremely reasonable. I believe there is also one in S.F too , check them out online as well!

http://www.diablowoodworkers.com/index.html
Great group of people meet here, with talents ranging from the 'just getting started' to the 'How on earth did he/she do THAT?' Lots of sharing and community here.
The group in Foster City is Bay Area Woodworkers. I haven't gotten there, but they get good reviews...
As for wood sources, I buy from Plywood & Lumber Sales at http://www.pals4wood.com/home.htm , but in person. The Oakland store / yard has great selection of all kinds of good stuff. I haven't purchased from the others.
Hardwood Resources in Martinez has great people and products. Handloggers is in Richmond, CA, and I haven't gotten there yet, although a friend has.
The BEST lumber sources seem to involve community, diligence, and a chainsaw.
Have some fun!
Patriarch
Joe:
Woodworking club:
http://www.geocities.com/bawanewsletter /
(by the way, I used Google and found this in less then 10 secs).
As to wood merchants:
search this group. There are about 5 or 6 places to chose among. Macbeath (not Mcbeath) is in SF and in Berkely. The SF store carries rough lumber, the Berkely store carries 2S2 lumber. Both carry plywood. This question has been answered about 5 or six times.
Handloggers is in Point Richmond, just past the San Raphael Bridge and near the hwy. Good selection of wood, but it tends to be picked over. They really cater to their flooring business and not to the furniture maker.
Also, can't but help to recommend a place for learning:
www.woodworkeracademy.com
A great place to learn woodworking skills. Also the store in front (which is NOT affiliated with the school) is Japan Woodworker, has great tools and some wood. Also, depending on how far you want to drive, Woodcraft sells lumber. I haven't been to the store in Dublin, in quite sometime, but the one in Santa Rosa has a wide selection of wood. And is now carrying recycled timbers.
MJ Wallace
Thanks for the links MJ !Where you at in the B.A.?

Jackel enterprises in watsonville.
<http://www.jackelenterprises.com/Jackel_Enterprises.html
Southern Lumber is quite expensive, comparatively.
scott