Wood screws

Hi All:
I've been looking for wood screws. Not your usual wood screws, but screws MADE of wood. I'd like to use wooden wood screws for a "wood-only" project (a jewelry box for SWMBO). Does anybody know a source for wood screws made of wood?
Thanks. Regards, Irwin http://members.aol.com/midimusic

Good luck. When you've given up trying to find wood screws, check out the Miller dowel system. All wood and strong too.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&pageH301&category=1,250,43217
On 12 Nov 2004 04:28:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Irwin Schwartz) wrote:

No.
But for sizes of about 1/4" - 3/8", if you find yourself some boxwood or fruitwood, a good dowel plate or cutter, and an old tap and die set for Whitworth or UNC, then you can cut your own.
The threads needs to be coarse enough. It also helps to use a diestock that has two "square" die halves sliding in a rectangular slot, rather than the usual type with a single round die. The two-part sets can be opened up more easily for the first cuts. Ideally clean them by electrolysis before starting, as dirty dies make dirty screws.
Cut your dowel stock over-length, because the first 1/4" needs to be tapered to get the thread started, and the next 1/4" will be a wobbly thread.
Above this size, look at the Beall tool, or an old thread box.
--
Smert' spamionam

Try Mcfeely's, they should have anything you might want in the way of screws. (I have no affilliation other than being a customer)
http://www.mcfeelys.com/index.html

Typing too fast and thinking too slow this morning . . . "wood screws made of *wood*" . . .
Mcfeely's probably can't help there. Sorry for the confusion. . . .

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Irwin Schwartz) wrote:

Hmmm... I think you need to think out-of-the-box (:)); why not just pass on the screws altogether? They are certainly not necessary; there are a zillion ways to build a strong box without screws.
PK
On a related note, I'm looking for some wood glue made of wood. Any ideas?
-J

The canonical one is pine pitch.
--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?