Wood putty in a tube?

Anyone know of a source for tubes of wood putty? I see LV used to have some, but they are down to one color. What about getting some large syringes and storing the different colors of it in them? It's such a pain when you are doing a bit of putting to have to close the can up all the time to prevent it drying out. Plus, with a syringe you could just squirt a bit right into the hole, then smooth in with a knife. What would be *really* cool was a squeeze tube with a firm rubber smoother built in - then you could just squeeze some on and smooth it over.
Lastly, I was told not to use my fingers to spread putty if I wanted to have any fingerprints left. Seems to me it's the most efficient way to do curved puttying. Any thoughts?
JP ************************ Make cleaner joints, don't use nails, and don't ding up your work. I know....

HD has tubes of putty; I have been happy with them.

That's what I've got the wreck for!

Thanks.
JP
I believe the Borg has them. You'll probably find that unless you use the putty right away, it will harden in the syringe.
Preston

Walmart has the tubes too. They're Elmers. They make 'em for light wood, dark wood and natural. They cover up a lot of my mistakes :-) Joe
--
Be sure to check-out our webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html