Wood Movement: Case hardening vs moisture change

I am milling some face frame and cope & stick door material from poplar. I jointed a face flat, planed parallel, and jointed one edge. Let them sit for a week, then repeated. They haven't moved since I repeated this op so I'm assuming they're stable, at least with regards to moisture content. Now, as I'm ripping them to width, the boards are moving again, due to the release of tensions (case hardening) in the board. My question is this: can I square boards that have moved due to the release of case hardening tension immediately, or should I wait (and for how long?) to let the tensions/movement equalize like what you would do for moisture content stabilization?

TIA,

jc

Reply to
Joe C.