Wood movement

I have been asked ($$) to make a cutting board for a co-worker. I will be using ambrosia maple and cherry for the main board surface and a border of walnut to frame the whole thing.
Sometime recently (before I needed to know this) I read about leaving some joint or other in these things unglued. I sure would appreciate a link to a site discussing / illustrating this or a 'heads up' here.
TIA
Bill
--
Uptime below for a desktop Linux machine.
00:37:00 up 26 days, 11:13, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.09, 0.23

I'd prefer bowel movement.... (well.. it's ALMOST not OT...bowel rhymes with dowel.....nebber mind...back to drinking my tea...)
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:40:52 -0500, Anonymous

ambrosia coloring. Some forms of Maple staining/coloring are a result of fungus that could be toxic to humans. Not a good thing for a cutting board. TWS
On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:50:08 +0000, TWS wrote:

Following your tip I looked at a number of sites (~40) based on a google search for "ambrosia maple" and "ambrosia fungus" "ambrosia toxin". I found no mention of toxicity from either the ambrosia beetle or the ambrosia fungus or the opportunistic fungus that often co-habits soever.
Most of the sites were either government sponsored arbor sites or university postings.
If you remain convinced that there is a toxicity problem, please post a URL link so that I can read and evaluate that information.
Bill
--
Uptimes below for Linux machines. One desktop, one web server.
20:37:00 up 28 days, 7:13, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.06