Wood Magazine Subscription????

Has anyone else had this happen? I received a renewal notice from wood magazine. It offers two years for the price of one. Sounds great, but sounds familiar. So, I look up wood magazine on my quicken, and sure enough, I paid the same amount 1 year ago, and in the memo I remarked "2 years". So, I write them a letter explaining that I still have a year left, and sent them the check number with amount and that they need to check their records. A couple of weeks go by and sure enough, another renewal. I won't be renewing. Anyone else??????? Lou
they all do that, they want to get your extra money to work off of for a couple more years, I most of the mags are getting into problems, that is why are getting cheaper on there renews.

Lot's of magazine companies to that. Computer World comes to mind. You do not loose what you have paid for but get more time added on. And yeah I am probably going to add 2 more years to my existing 18 months of Wood.

Most magazines try to get you to extend early on. I've gotten at least three renewal notices from Reader's Digest and I'm good for 3 more years. It gives them some security for selling advertising, their main income.

Same here. My wife subscribed to one of her needlework magazines and less than a month later, they wanted her to re-subscribe. It's pretty common (and a bit silly, I just throw the subscriptions away until toward the end, that's when they get desperate and start offering better deals).
I got one with my last issue. "2-for-1 renewal request". The card also says "EXP MAR10" so I've got 2.5 years to go before it actually expires (March 2010). So, check that card and see when yours actually expires.

Yeah, they do that. Check your address label to see what they show as your subscription expiration date. Also, if you can live without it for a month or two, you can get much better prices as a "new" subscriber than they ever offer for renewal prices ;-) I have gaps in just about all of my magazine subscriptions.
Dave Hall

Well, I wouldn't want the magazine "Wood" if it were free. For most magazines, the billing and shipping are totally different departments, disconnected by 8 weeks, often in distant locations.
Fri, Oct 5, 2007, 7:00pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nobody.com (Phisherman) doth sayeth: Well, I wouldn't want the magazine "Wood" if it were free. <snip>
Oh, it's free, I'd take about any magazine. At worst you just toss it, at best you like it, or at least find something you like in it every once in awhile. But always handy to rest paint brushes on, greasy parts and tools, stuff like that. Might even find someone willing to swap something you want for them.
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:00:44 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

Hmmmm. I may be letting myself in for the kind of ridicule given the supporters of Craftsman tools, but I don't think it's THAT bad. If nothing else, the ads keep me up on the latest whizbangs from various companies.
But I do find the occasional interesting project or article. No, it's not FWW, but then we've been talking about what's happening there :-).
And the price is on the low end of the WW mags.

It's not THAT bad... <G>