Wood Magazine Potting Bench Plans

Hi folks, Would anyone know where I can get the plans for a potting bench with doors from "Wood" magazine, first published about 20 years ago?

A photo of the finished project can be seen at Google Images.

I know this is a long shot, but any help would be appreciated.

Thx,

Pam

Reply to
pb

href="

">Google> Images.

Pam, It would seem to me that you could generate some plans of your own, based on that photo; you could get exact dimensions of space available or whatever, and tailor those plans to your specific needs and desires. That potting bench doesn't look like too terribly complicated an undertaking. The hard part is getting SOMETHING down on paper and fiddling with the dimensions to get all of the pieces to fit together--you know, take off 3/4" for the thickness of the wood on the end and so forth.

I'm all for working from a plan, but creating that plan is half the fun for me and quite a few others as well. I'm sure that as you refine your ideas into a blueprint, plenty of folks here will be more than willing to give you all the help they can.

Good luck,

-Phil Crow

Reply to
phildcrowNOSPAM

href="

">Google>> Images.

Reply to
Tom

href="

">Google> >> Images.

Reply to
pb

href="

">Google> > Images.

Reply to
pb

Looks like you've found it now.

Not sure if this stuff exists in the USA, but here in the UK if you go to a scrapyard for truck trailers, there are some of them that use a thick plywood side material with a melamine sheet bonded to it. This is the best worktop for a potting bench I've ever seen, and it was cheap too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley