Wood Mag. Mobile Tool Base

Has anyone built the mobile tool base from Wood Magazine issue #100? If so, how well does it work? I'm concerned that it will still move even with the casters locked. Does anyone know of any other plans for mobile bases?

Thanks!

Kevin

Reply to
klklimes

Is that the same one that from the wood plans web site?

I looked at that - and made if from the pic. Its pretty good - didnt like the wheel lock mechinisim - so I just used locking casters instead.

I just started welding - so my next one I just made for my bandsaw I did from metal - much better.

Also - b/c of the way the wheels are - it sticks out a bit on both sides - not a big deal for something like a jointer - but for the bandsaw - its not that pratical.

just my .02 cents.

Its really sturdy for the jointer - no complaints w/ it.

Reply to
Rob V

I have one on my Bandsaw, sanding machine, and my router table. I modified it for the router table. For the other two I made them as per plans in the magazine and have never had any problems with them.

Reply to
Nuttree