Wood in Raleigh, NC

Greetings,
I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood dealer in the area?
Thanks.
-jav
The Woodcraft Store 6582 Glenwood Avenue 919-781-1911
They have fliers on local sources, as well as their own inventory.
There's also the Woodworking Store on Capitol Blvd inside the belt line.

Woodworking Store is Outside the belt, across from Harbor Freight and Cookout roadkill restaurant. I have a lot of rough oak you could look at in Hillsborough. Wilson

Wilson wrote:

That's the name of the place? Cookout Roadkill? I'll have to have a look...
I did come across Woodworking Store purely by accident, I was actually going to the music store across the parking lot. Looked like a nice place, and they also seemed to have a good selection of books.
-jav
DAGS - many other replies to your question ...
I moved to Pittsboro a year ago with the same question. You could check out Capital City Lumber, http://www.capitalcitylumber.com /, and there is supposed to be a place in Apex that I haven't found yet. To get better prices, I think you have to go a ways, like Gibsonville, http://www.hardwoodstore.com /. If you find some better sources, let me know.
Welcome to the Triangle. Steve

Steve Peterson wrote:

I see that Hardwoodstore.COM delivers to the Triangle for $29 flat fee. Not bad!
Thanks for the tips,
-jav
Javier Henderson wrote:

To add to your list. Eastwakehardwoods.com in Zebulon. A little pricey but with an emphasis on exotics. And for the day you want to take a nice drive in the country, Walllumber.com in Mayodan NC Fred
Besides the Woodworking Store on Capital Blvd, have a gander at Woodcraft store on Glenwood Ave.
Javier Henderson wrote:

Raleigh Hardwoods - Poole Road. Good guys. - Dont have their numbers off hand.
There is a plywood dealer in Fuquay that can get pretty much anything you want also. Ask for Robin Jackson - 919-577-9994 (always has ebony and purple heart in stock) Cheaper than RH and anyborg. They will also deal on peices that are marked or damaged in anyway. Its one of those places where you walk in and drool over how much wood there is.
Normal notes - not affiliated just long time customers of both.
_rob

Also, you might want to join the Triangle Woodworkers Association - great programs and nationally known workshop instructors. Plus discounts at woodworking shops.
http://www.ibiblio.org/twa /
jim

I've bought from Mike Robbins at 919-779-0719. He has a mill just south of Raleigh. Operates by appointment. He was quite knowledgeable and had a decent selection and reasonable prices. I hope he's still operating.

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:50:54 -0500, Javier Henderson

might try jacksons out in fuquay-varina. he carries some exotics and lots of plywood. reasonable prices. also raleigh hardwoods on poole road about a mile from the beltline. they usualy have a good selection and average prices.
skeez
If you donm't mind a little drice try Steve Wall Lumber. http://www.walllumber.com/default.asp He is located north of Greensville.
They are located above "Greensboro" not "Greenville" which is 157 miles in the other direction.
John Haines wrote:

Thanks for the correction. I made the trip from Norfolk VA so was comming from the other direction. Have you ever been to Steve Wall Lumber? I got some nice bocote and canarywood.
| John Haines |
Yep..Steve Wall has some very nice stuff. I'm over 200 miles south, so it's quite a haul for me.