wood hobby shop

when i was in the air force, each base i was stationed at had a wood hobby shop where you could work on projects for an hourly rate (you could use their tools and a technician would provide assistance if you had problems). does anyone know if wood hobby shops are available in the civilian sector, specifically in pittsburgh, pennsylvania.

thanks, paul

Reply to
pittsburgh29

Try woodcraft.

HTH

rik

Reply to
RikC

You might want to check with your local high school or vo/tech school. Some have very good woodshops that are opened to the public on certain evenings. You just need to be a resident of the district in which that school is located.

Paul

Reply to
PA_Paul

No, theWoodcraft in Pittsburgh (at Robinson Towne Center Rt. 60 out near the airport) does not have a shop like the one in Parkersbug WV. Although I have not checked around fully, I know of no School Districts in the Pittsburgh area that open their shops to the public or even have adult classes. I am the Business Manager for one of the larger School Districts in the area and have mentioned this possibility to people I know in several area Districts. None do it or know of anyone else doing it, including at least the western and northern area Vo-Tech schools. If you find something local, please let me know. I haven't even found any woodworking clubs around here (although I think there is a club somehere out RT. 28 past Fox Chapel). Being ex-military, you might want to check with the air force base at Pittsburgh International or the army Reserve base which is also on the airport property (Rt. 60 in Moom Township).

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall