Wood Hauling Truck For Computer Geeks

http://www.artcaragency.com/popup.php?id (&loc=slideshow&img=4
Kinda makes you wonder what peoples have got in mind, doesn't it?
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:36:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Just proves the saying of "Beware a geek bearing gifs"..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:06:21 -0700, mac davis

Beware of geeks bearing wood...
I wonder how much the added wind resistance affects his MPG?
Charley

Do you think he has to wait one minute before he can restart the truck and is his cup holder retractable? I do like the fact that it is cordless.
Dave FL
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

I thought about mounting a broken CD-ROM drive in a car and using it as a cup holder. Press the button, and the cup holder comes out. Press it again, and it goes away. Nice!
Hm... Wonder if there's room behind the dash in the truck. Maybe I can borrow the mechanism and adjust it for that cup holder... :-)
Puckdropper

I used to have an icon on my desktop that looked like a coffee cup with a name of Cup Holder. I'd show it to friends/clients and watch their faces when I clicked on it and my CD drive opened.
How geeky was *that*?

Not quite as geeky as renaming /dev/cdrom to /dev/cupholder ;-)
(I haven't done it.)
Puckdropper

No, but it does have Windows so I could see it crashing quite a bit.
Allen

Dave wrote:

No, but it does phone home and verify that his registration is valid; if not, the truck won't start.

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:36:05 -0400, J T wrote:

This guy works at the same company I do. Notice the log bumper on the front of the truck. Before the circuit boards, he had the whole truck stuccoed a peach color. The grill was turquoise painted sticks. I always liked the stucco version better than the circuit boards. Of course I've parked next to the truck and seen it up close.
dgadams

Yeah, but does it run linux? How about a Beowolf cluster of these? If it crashes, can you usee ctrl-alt-del to reboot?
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:14:05 +0000, Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

That would be ctrl-alt-backspace to reboot Linux.
Sun, Oct 7, 2007, 11:00am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (dgadams) doth sayeth: This guy works at the same company I do. Notice the log bumper on the front of the truck. <snip> I've parked next to the truck and seen it up close.
I've been trying to come up with an idea for front and rear bumpers for my Luv. This looks like the inspiration I needed. Now if I can ever get my sons to finish it.
You must have really been bad in your last life.