Wood Gloat - Hampton Roads, VA

I was looking through the local "Trading Post" last week when I came across an add for lumber (Ash, Oak, Maple, Pecan, and some others). The add hag ash, 90bf for $100. I called the guy and arranged a time to view his wood. He's a very busy HVAC guy and 4:30 - 5:00 PM Friday was the only time to meet up with him. Anyway when I got to his house (he was late) and took a look at the ash he pulled out my jaw dropped. It was the most beautiful bunch I'd ever layed my eyes on. The grain was exceptional and the quality of the wood was incredible. Plus he'd already planed it (S2S). Half was 3/4 the other 4/4 with four of the boards 12 inches wide. He told me he had harvested the tree himself with a friend several years ago and milled the lumber themselves. He claimed it was the straightest tree he'd ever harvested (said he got a 16ft log off it and the pith was dead center on the bottom end and 1/4 inch off center at the top). I was so impressed by the quality of the wood that I gave him $120.00 vice $100 for the lot. He then proceded to try and sell me some of his 700bf of Pecan at an offer of $1.50 bf. I was very tempted but the SWMBO had budgeted me and I don't really have the room to store it anyway. Anyway that's my story.
Joey in Chesapeake, VA
does he still have any oak????? Brian in Hampton.........

Actually he advertised 4X4X6 oak timbers and some 1/4 inch Fawn White Oak but I don't know what that is. Do you need his phone numbers? I think last week was his last add in the Trading Post. Joey In Chesapeake, VA

If you could email me the number that wood be great...Thanx Brian

Actually now that I re-read the add; I think it was a misprint. It should have read 40bf of 1/4 sawn white oak vice 1/4 fawn white oak.

Ah hah! Betcha that ad was placed by telephone. <grin>
... snip

You'd have really sucked if you got the pecan too. Nice score!