Wood Gloat

Page 3 of 6
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:51:50 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Perhaps a collection for a supply of Depends undergarments would help him out unless that chair is waterproofed. :-)

There is too much cleavage in the one photo I have of myself. I wouldn't want to set off anyone's pacemaker. ;-)
You'll simply have to take my word for it.
Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 9:12am snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) claims: <snip> I wouldn't want to set off anyone's pacemaker. ;-) <snip> Then e-mail it to me first, and I'll review it. No prob.
JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him. - Niccolo Machiavelli
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:48:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Is this a necessary requirement for women who participate on this newsgroup? I do not recall seeing that in the FAQS. :)
Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 1:59pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) asks: Is this a necessary requirement for women who participate on this newsgroup? I do not recall seeing that in the FAQS. :)
No, but the Woodworking Gods agree, it would be a good thing.
JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him. - Niccolo Machiavelli
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:04:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

You've got mail. :)
Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 1:59pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) asks: Is this a necessary requirement for women who participate on this newsgroup? I do not recall seeing that in the FAQS. :)
Hmm, now that the Woodworking Gods and I have thought abou this a bit more, we feel it's best to go on a case by case basis. We don't want to receive a picture of Silvan in drag.
JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him. - Niccolo Machiavelli
J T wrote:

That's good, because somewhere around here is a shot of me one night when I was a bit on the abbreviated side (ie hammmmmmmmered), and I decided to play rock star like that red hot chilly pepper guy I had read about on TV. It's a shot of me with nothin' but a sock and an electric guitar.
I can't believe Wal-Mart actually printed that one.
Anyway, it's here somewhere, surely, in this pile of hundreds and hundreds of prints I have from my big photographer wannabe days, and I'll dig it up if pressed. So don't press too hard if you want to keep your lunch down there in your belly where it belongs. :)
Mike Marlow wrote:

You've seen the pair of long johns I have where a certain posterior region has been completely eaten away, haven't you?
I'm glad I'm not that chair.
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:17:12 -0500, jaime wrote:

Ah! I'm glad you decided to stay a while. The wReck can be a bit intimidating at first, but we don't bite.
Um, I guess this means that you won't be involved in the discussions of Robin Hartl's anatomy?
<...>

(Good save, Syl)
<...>

The wReck has often been compared to an old General Store. You know, with old men playing checkers in front of a pot-bellied stove, swapping stories (lies). You'll see lots of great stuff about woodworking, but also a fair amount of Off Topic discussion that interests the denizens here. So you may see threads about politics, woodworking, the econonmy, woodworking, tools, job hunting, woodworking, cooking, and maybe even woodworking.
Yes, I suppose the jabs, name-calling, and rehashing of past mistakes is a guy thing. It's just how we're wired, I suppose.
<...>

Indeed!
--
Joe Wells

Nope. :-)

No problem. I don't mind off topic stuff.

yes I know. I had a recent boyfriend (now an ex-bf) who reminded me of this constantly.
jaime wrote:

Dudette, chill out. :)

Gadzooks. You'd better be careful saying stuff like that around here. A lot of these geezers haven't had nice wood in decades, and they might get too carried away.

Probably some kind of knuckle dragging male bonding thing I guess, maybe. We are mostly males here, and mostly geezers at that. A few wimminz. We like wimminz, but you'll have to try not to be offended by some of the misogynistic anti-wimminz spewing that goes on occasionally (such as referring to you as "wimminz" for example). We are no more serious about that than anything else. (Well, generally. As with any other group of people, there are always genuine jerks, and there are some here too.) The main thing you need to fit in here is to be a tool user. It doesn't really matter what you're wearing in your pants. I know lots of men, LOTS of men, who are completely baffled trying to figure out which end of a hammer to use to open a can of paint, or how to drive a nail with a tubafore.

Fine then. That's much better.

Hamilton up in Kanukistan, presumably. Wherever that is. Like most Markinz I am geographically illiterate. (There's another Wreck-ism. It can be presumed from your email address that you are a Kanukistani. I OTOH am a Markin. Or Merkin, or, well, choose your particular permutation of this line of thought.)

Roger.

Just don't expect me to step out of character and start being serious again. :)
Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 12:00pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) claims: <snip> and mostly geezers at that. <snip> I am not included in that description.
While I may be older than most here, a lot of those younger than me, are older.
JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him. - Niccolo Machiavelli
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:08:32 -0500, the inscrutable Silvan

That's "dudette" if you haven't already figured it out.

Tendjewberrymud.
There's a reason my nick is "C-less". -You- may have figured it out but your finners still hain't. "Look, Ma, no C!"

Freudian slip? I thought you said you were happily married, Silvie.
---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications ===================================================
Pssst....we split it up today..
http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodbutchers/maple.jpg
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Silvan" < snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message

I will take the 2 piles in the very front of the photograph please. :-D
top slab, lower left pile is sitting behind my freezer as I type :)
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"jaime" < snipped-for-privacy@canada.com> wrote in message

Lucky you. I think I would make a clock with some of it if I had some.
Hadn't thought of that, thanks!
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"jaime" < snipped-for-privacy@canada.com> wrote in message

You're welcome. :)
jaime wrote:

Looks like your trying to win some wood with your wimminzly wiles. ;)