Wood Gloat

Page 1 of 6
All this time, and I've never gloated before. I kinda like it!
Bunch o' guys that hang out on another forum got together in September/October to mill a free maple. the tree was part of a homestead, planted in 1880, and used to like the driveway, the owners wanted it to got to something other than firewood. We were more than happy to oblige.
After a couple of weekends cutting, milling (Alaskan chain saw mill) and 8 weeks being kiln dried (in and out of the kiln 12 times to relieve the stress's), we brought home the stack today. Most of it's curly, some of it's a full (clear) 24" wide, most of it's dead flat.
http://www.robswoodworking.com/woodbutchers/maple_pile.jpg
9/4 KD curly maple, 1023 bd ft...cost works out to $0.80/bd ft.
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

That is some nice looking wood. :-)
Fri, Jan 28, 2005, 12:16am snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jaime) puts out: That is some nice looking wood. :-)
If you're going to stick arond here, you're going to have to be respectful.
Now, apologize for what you said, and tell the guy he sucks.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:07:17 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I will consider that after I read the FAQ for this newsgroup. If there is one could someone point me in that direction please. Thanks.
Jamie, just tell JOAT to pull his damned tongue out of his cheek, to get off his butt and to welcome you to the rec... (he's harmless, seriously!)
To tell me I suck, after I post a smug post as I did is a compliment (to me). The more "you suck"'s I get, the better I did.
...And I think I dun good!
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Jaime" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rob? You suck at sucking.
err, uhhh. is that good?
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Dave Balderstone" <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote in message

Welcoming me is up to him. In life I've learned you can never force a man to do what he doesn't want to do.

I think you did great too and am wondering what your plans are for the wood but I cannot bring myself to tell you that you s***. What do you propose on making with this wood?
Jaime wrote:

Do you have some theological objection to speaking the truth? This guy sucks so much they need to modify the OED and put his name into the definition of the word. The only way he could possibly suck more would be if the whole mess had been black walnut, and someone had paid him to take it, and some little ol' widder wimminz had given him $50,000 worth of industrial iron for free to get it out of her barn and make more room for her cats.
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:49:58 -0500, Silvan

I am sorry but I will not and can not say anything to anyone I do not wish to say.
I'm a beginning woodworker and enjoy the hobby very much. I came here to learn more because since highschool have always enjoyed working with my hands and love the way wood feels in my hands when I am making something with it. I love the way it smells when I am cutting it and I enjoy the pride I feel when I have made something nice by my own hand that I can use for myself or sell or give to friends.
I can find a Yahoo woodworking group to join. Sorry to have offended you.
Sat, Jan 29, 2005, 5:52am snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (Jaime) claims: <snip> I can find a Yahoo woodworking group to join. Sorry to haveoffended you.
A tad senstive, aren't we? Yeah, you can find a yahoo group. Won't be as much fun as here tho. Unless you're one of the too tight people, that is. And, I doubt very, very, seriously he was offended, or anyone else.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:32:55 -0500, J T wrote:

I hear Vito and Susan are looking for recruits...
--
Joe Wells

Man... Jamie - take a breath. Nobody's picking on you. Surely you can discern a little humor? So it's not your chosen style of humor, I'm sure you can at least recognize the humor that others choose. Relax and hang around. There's plenty of good stuff here and there's plenty of not so good stuff. Just like anything else in life. You just have to sort out what you want and let the rest slide. And... don't take everything so dogoned seriously.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I didn't know it *was* humour but I reread the posts and I do now. I'm still not telling anyone they suck, however. ;-) Lots of good workworking info here I've noticed.
And for whoever said to me I was never married....I was married 20 years ago but he was an abusive drunk so I divorced him.

Yeah - you don't have to tell anyone that. It's ok.

Too much information.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:48:17 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

If you think so. :-)
Mike Marlow wrote:

I have to disagree. We share what's going on in our lives frequently, at least as often as the subject is ON Topic. I'm sorry that the guy was a jerk, but it tends to be a common problem, donning my nomex. Now we're all curious about the pix, news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking please, our pacemakers will be just fine. %-) 'Sides if your a smallish brunette, I think we have a JOAT for you...
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

I'm a redheaded bbw in the process of becoming a smaller redhead due to a heart attack I suffered a few months ago.
I will consider posting the pic but I am not making *any* promises. :-)
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Careful Davie, the last time a wimminz offered to post a picture of too much cleavage, it turned out to be a shot of her husband's butt crack.
Silvan wrote:

Hah! I'm a nurse, you can't scare me with something that can't be projectile.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work