Wood Gloat

Went to an estate auction today cause they listed some rough sawn "Oak, Cherry, etc" lumber. Appearently the deceased had a buzz saw (saw the carcass of it...the saw, not the deceased). Anways, most of the lumber looked like oak, hard to tell, with all the dust, dirt, poor lighting, and chicken shit on it :).
Turned over a few boards and moved to better light, and was indeed oak. Bought 3 huge piles of mostly 4/4, with a few 8/4, some 16" wide 4/4, plus any other stuff that might be buried in the piles, for $270. I guesstimate there is about 1000+ board feet in the piles.
Renting a truck tmw to get it all home and hope nobody steals it!
John
It's a fact. You suck!

Two bits a board foot, I hear a major sucking sound.....
Oh....it's you!
At 27 cents a board foot, you must be feeling intensely guilty.
Give some of it to your woodworking brothers.
So you can sleep at night!
;)

That earns a u sucketh in my book.
Wes