Wood Gloat

Went to an estate auction today cause they listed some rough sawn "Oak, Cherry, etc" lumber. Appearently the deceased had a buzz saw (saw the carcass of it...the saw, not the deceased). Anways, most of the lumber looked like oak, hard to tell, with all the dust, dirt, poor lighting, and chicken shit on it :).

Turned over a few boards and moved to better light, and was indeed oak. Bought 3 huge piles of mostly 4/4, with a few 8/4, some 16" wide 4/4, plus any other stuff that might be buried in the piles, for $270. I guesstimate there is about 1000+ board feet in the piles.

Renting a truck tmw to get it all home and hope nobody steals it!

John

Reply to
John Thompson

It's a fact. You suck!

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

Reply to
SteveC1280

Two bits a board foot, I hear a major sucking sound.....

Oh....it's you!

Reply to
Kennor

At 27 cents a board foot, you must be feeling intensely guilty.

Give some of it to your woodworking brothers.

So you can sleep at night!

;)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

That earns a u sucketh in my book.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

This *could* be a great sucketh... I would store the lumber in a rental facillity and bug bomb it once a week for a month or two before bringing it home....

Good luck,

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

The shift in the wind toward your location was notable on the Gulf Coast.

Reply to
Swingman

that wood may be all dried out like they say on the commercials for pledge. you better get rid of it. I can recycle it for you.

Reply to
Steve Knight