Wood for Wine Rack Construction

I've seen many designs that support the neck and the base; I wonder though when removing a bottle with less than ideal care, if the bottles under it are vulnerable to impact.

Jose

Reply to
Jose

It takes a pretty forceful impact to break a filled bottle of wine, Jose. I've dropped a few filled bottles over the years onto concrete floors and (knock wood) only one has ever broken. Most just bounce. Of course, I would not recommend trying that trick with any bottle you valued, but the point is that just a casual impact from another bottle won't do much of anything to a filled bottle of wine.

Mark Lipton

Reply to
Mark Lipton

Jose wrote in news:Rs8ph.32993$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

The crossbars run parallel to the wine bottle, so there's no way to bang one against one another. The horizontals space the verticals such that they all have the same spacing, which in my case is 3.5"

-- Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Schultz

Tue, Jan 9, 2007, 3:43pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) doth recall: (Well, it might not be all the +good+ .... but it would knock you on your butt and make you wish you were dead the next morning.) :)

Not even close to a Jagermeister hangover - probably close to 40 years now, and even the memory makes me sudder.

JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.

- Igor Stravinsky

Reply to
J T

Reply to
Joe "Beppe"Rosenberg

Joe, you are nuts, but that's one of your endearing qualities. :-) Dick R.

Reply to
Dick R.