Wood for roof cupola

What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1--Treated pine. Leave it outdoors a month or so before painting.
2--Cypress
3--Redwood or Eastern red cedar.
Just my opinion
--
 GW Ross

 I'm setting my phaser on 'tickle.'
G. Ross wrote:

--
 GW Ross

 I'm setting my phaser on 'tickle.'

Today I'd likely use cedar. I hate PT wood for ANYTHING.
Might even be tempted to do it with vinyl and not need to paint it.

The most trouble free might not be wood at all, maybe something like a compost like Trex.