wood floors

maybe out of this group, but, how do you get rid of black stains on a wood floor? I want to strip them but a light sanding did nothing to dull these. thanks
bob kater wrote:

What type of wood and what caused the stains?
Possibilities are:
oxalic acid two part wood bleach chlorine bleach
See:
http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-bleach-wooden-furniture.htm
--
Jack Novak