Wood finials

In 2004 I made the mailbox from the New Yankee workshop show. A few months ago some idiot ran into it with their car and really smashed it up. I found their car antenna on the ground. They were probably texting and driving.
I really liked that mailbox so I am going to make another. Norm turned the final on his lathe but I don't have a lathe. I found a place where I could buy a finial in 2004 but I have no record of where I bought it. I have spent way too much time looking for finials on the web. I found a perfect one until I saw the price -- $157!! Does anyone have a suggestion of a place I can look. I am out of ideas right now.
TIA.
Dick Snyder
On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:11:42 PM UTC-7, Dick Snyder wrote:

not sure exactly what you are looking for but if you can figure out how to use their search function http://www.bearwood.com/ has some for pennies.
On 4/25/2012 5:11 PM, Dick Snyder wrote:

Tried Rockler, or WoodCraft? I know Rockler has some on their site:
http://woodworking.rockler.com/nav/cat1/wood-products/cat2/wood-products_carvings-embossed-moldings-corbels-and-finials/0
Also, just about any local supplier who specializes in crown moldings, baseboard, stair parts and architectural trim will have them.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

http://woodworking.rockler.com/nav/cat1/wood-products/cat2/wood-products_carvings-embossed-moldings-corbels-and-finials/0
I have already checked out Rockler and Woodcraft but while Rockler had some things, they didn't meet my needs. I am looking for a ball type finial mounted on a ring of some kind. Total height about 7 1/2"
On 4/25/2012 5:19 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://woodworking.rockler.com/nav/cat1/wood-products/cat2/wood-products_carvings-embossed-moldings-corbels-and-finials/0
And try http://www.tablelegs.com/Parts.aspx as well.
Dick Snyder wrote:

http://www.vandykes.com/search.aspx?query=finials
http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/search.cfm/catalog/Master_2012?useSearchForm=single&keyword=finials

http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/search.cfm/catalog/Master_2012?useSearchForm=single&keyword=finials
Thanks for the ideas. These don't quite have the size I am looking for (a ball type thing mounted on a ring or something with total height about 7 1/2")
Dick Snyder wrote:

https://www.adamswoodproducts.com/configure.asp?cat=2
http://store.cincinnatidowel.com/wood-finials
http://www.premierwood.com/wood-finials-and-post-tops-c9927.htm
Your town may very well have a turners guild and someone may turn some finials for you for free.... supply the wood for them.
Find a Chapter near you: http://www.woodturner.org/ The menu on the left has a "Find a Chapter" tab.

There is a group within an hour of my house. I might have found one commercial possibility based on a reply I got. If that doesn't pan out, I will contact the chapter president in Worcester, MA

A member of that chapter may be nearer to you, also, not an hour away.

Thanks - Adams might get the job done. I will explore further!
Dick Snyder wrote:

Is this for a 4 x 4 post? Look on Lowe's site under post cap.
--
G.W. Ross

A good pun is its own reword.

Just under 6" x 6". I would like the finial to be about 7 1/2" high
On 4/25/2012 3:11 PM, Dick Snyder wrote:

http://www.bevoworks.com/acorn-finial-c-71-p-1-pr-102.html
and many others...
You might also check around for a "Wood Turners" club in your area ??? I bet there are guys begging for a project to jump on.