Wood fill in 100 y/o+ trim/doors

I am currently restoring all the (looks/smells like) pine trim/doors in my

103 y/o house. I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but my newsreader must not go back far enough. Where there are dings/nail holes/whatever, I'm filling them with wood filler prior to finish sanding/ staining/ poly. I am currently using Minwax stainable wood filler (
) it works ok, but I am wondering if there is a better product to use. The finish is Zar Rosewood (
) thanks to all who reply
Reply to
The Schmankster