wood cleat tricks

Page 2 of 2
On 9/12/2015 9:11 AM, Leon wrote:

And to add to that a bit, IIRC many homes in Europe do not include kitchen cabinets. You bring your own and hang them when you move in and you take them with you when you move out. I highly suspect that the upper cabinets are hung on some type of cleat.

Just a suspicion.

OK then, I'll change that from "kitchens across the world" to kitchens where the kitchen cabinets are not moving in and out with the homeowners.:-)
I hope when they decide to move, they move into a home with the same kitchen size and design as the previous home.
Sounds ridiculous to me, crazy damned Europeans.
--
Jack
On 9/13/2015 10:27 AM, Jack wrote:

You know, even some of those homes have no closets. When you move, your regular furniture has to fit also. I doubt kitchen cabinets will be an issue especially since they are designed to be moved.
On 9/12/2015 8:55 AM, Jack wrote:

Most of the rest of the world has adopted the European 35mm cabinet system.
Guess what that system uses to hang cabinets ... a "Z" Bar.
AKA: French Cleat ... :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 9/12/2015 1:08 PM, Swingman wrote:

Typo: 32mm, not 35mm
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 9/10/2015 11:38 AM, Jack wrote:

Easily solved. ;)
Since almost all shop built cabinet have "tack strips" incorporated into the cabinet for both structural integrity and mounting to a wall, all you have to do is rip both tack strips in half on a 45 degree angle.
This instantly creates both halves of the french cleat, using the exact same amount of material as the original cabinet:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopJigsFixturesMethods?noredirect=1#6192969033686152210
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 3:34:27 PM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:

Plus the cabinet itself is lighter. ;-)
And made with fiber board that melts down when in high humidity.
If the sawdust board makers used a water proof resin or glue - it would improve their product.
Martin
On 9/11/2015 10:17 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 13:12:16 -0400

funny, not obsessing at all but apparently you are obsessing that is known as projecting

sure thing