wood choice for a Norm project

I was going to try my hand at Norm's Marble game recently aired on PBS. He used poplar which is a bit pricey in my neighborhood for 2x stock. Since it's to be painted can I go with standard 2x4 lumber (spruce)?? Thanks much ---> Ed
Ed wrote:>I was going to try my hand at Norm's Marble game recently aired on

Sure, why not? Just make sure to use properly dried material. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
Ed Lowenstein wrote:

Sure as long as you use gallons of glue, tons of brads, and stain the living crap out of it. <BSEG> Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: