Wood bladeguides for bandsaw

...just to report that I got better than expected results by replacing the metal guides on my 350.00 "Lobo" brand bandsaw with rosewood blocks soaked in WD40, as per the post (not by me, a few weeks ago). And that's on the top guide only, I'm going to do the bottom guide as soon as I have time to turn the blocks on a lathe, as the bottom ones are round instead of square.
I have round guides on my General bandsaw and was able to find 1/2" teflon at the plastic shop. They work great and I have no problem. Jim

square.