Wood

If I could!

Reply to
Unbeliever

A metric shitload, WeeGee.

Let's see, 8'x8'x20' = 47.4 y3. Drop a couple for stickering and ya got about 45 yd3 or 35 m3.

Double that for the 40-footers.

OK, actual sizes and capacities are a bit under that. I think wet wood would max the container before it was full.

STANDARD CONTAINERS: 20' inside length 5.900m inside width 2.350m inside height 2.393m capacity 33.2CBM tare weight 2,230Kg maxi cargo 21,770Kg

-- Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - 'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.' -- Joan McIntosh

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yabbut how many Costa Rican pulgadas is that?

Luigi Zanasi

What about grand pianos...sprouting?

the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - 'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.' -- Joan McIntosh

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's probably because Canuckistan's temperate, banana belt climate ensures that bugs can't survive winters.

-- Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - 'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.' -- Joan McIntosh

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't care what you drink down there, buddy. Oops, I was thinking "pulque". Lo siento.

Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - 'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same.' -- Joan McIntosh

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gzaktly! We have a great soil sterilizer in our greenhouse: it`s called 40 below. One year we had a serious infestation of white flies from some imported plants bought at Crappy Tire. Next year, nada!

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Luigi Zanasi wrote in news:1b0fd79b-6fa8-48b7-90c8- snipped-for-privacy@a21g2000prj.googlegroups.com:

Fehrenheight or Celcius? ;-)

I like cold winters. Better for the ice rink, and my heater can handle keeping the garshop a toasty 68F.

If you have a boiler in your garshop and don't have a CO detector, get one. Mine went off the other day, and the boiler had given me only minor indications something was amiss. (The flame looked somewhat yellow when I first lit it in fall.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote in news:4db31456$0$28376$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

40 below is both F and C at the same time (i.e. the scales cross at -40)
Reply to
Han

You missed the smiley. It was a joke about the ForeignHeat and Centigrade

--------------------

40 below is both F and C at the same time (i.e. the scales cross at -40)

-------------------- Puckdropper wrote in Fehrenheight or Celcius? ;-)

------------------------------------ We have a great soil sterilizer in our greenhouse: it`s called 40 below. One year we had a serious infestation of white flies from some imported plants bought at Crappy Tire. Next year, nada

Reply to
Josepi

"Josepi" wrote in news:uzGsp.1865$uh5.951 @newsfe02.iad:

Yep

Reply to
Han

FN:

It may only involve wood in some construction but yeti, methinks this is up your alley, even if and especially if snowbound:

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

"Edward Hennessey" wrote

**********************************************************Take note that after surfing about 10 of the links down the line from the above site, I came on a detected virus. AVG caught it, but I hope there were no others that got by.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

J:

Yup, the stuff is everywhere. I second your hope and will forward your posting to the site.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey