Wondering about the Ridgid Portable Table Saw. Any Good?

I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
MUSTANGS7981

I have the Bosch, about the same price, and am impressed with it.

Reply to
TH

I have the Ridgid, got it 5 years ago, it works great.

Reply to
Scott

I have it, bought it because of its portability and low footprint when collapsed -- makes storing it in a shed ideal. So far, so good; I'm very pleased with this unit. I plan to improve upon its dust collection, a lot comes out underneath the unit, so I'm thinking of making a diaper for it.

It has a 3/4" dado limitation. The table inserts are 3/8" thick, not a lot of thickness if you want to make your own zero-clearance inserts with replaceable elements.

The part numbers of the following accessories are:

-- zero clearance insert: part no. AC1045

-- dado insert: part no. AC1040

The two inserts, shipping included, cost around $40. Their part number/catalog is not fully consistent and it took several phone calls to verify that these would fit for my unit.

See the forums at

John L. Poole

I use one of those. The small footprint when collapsed was one of the attractions, as was the portability. I didn't have high expectations of it when I bought it, but I felt it would make a decent stopgap until I decided what path my retirement was going to take. Well, that has been pretty much decided as I am gearing up to upgrade my capability. It is an amazingly good little unit. Plenty accurate for what I do, and with a decent blade, I rip solid surface strips and backsplashes all day long. Noisy and less than great dust collection. Excellent value once you understand that it is what it is. (I know this sounds cocky, but I can make it do what I want.)

When it gets replaced by The General, I will keep it around. It's handy and pretty darned good.

Robatoy

If you're talking about the TS3650, we got one for a friend last summer and he still loves it. It's not all that portable, it comes in at almost 300lbs, but with the built-in mobile base, it can be moved anywhere in the shop easily. Everyone I've seen that has one has raved about it, and for the price you can't beat it.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Actually, Ridgid's inserts are expensive, you can get the same thing here for much less:

Brian Henderson

Actually the TS-3650 is not their portable model.. although it does move around a shop beautifully (I know because I have a TS-3650 too...)

However, the TS-2400 is definatley mobile... it is basically mounted to a M-SUV.. my neighbor has it and it seems to do a pretty good job. :)

Drew Rea

Reply to
drewread

Reply to