WJ Book

Page 5 of 5

bills
or
Gee, Leon - you're breaking my heart. That's tough for them, I'll still keep the book and if they send me another one, I'll keep that too.
As far as them that has paying for them that hasn't( or won't) - welcome to reality. It's a tough life but someone's gotta live it.
wrote in message news:lDmle.21435

want
It doesn't matter Leon - the books were bought and paid for before they were shipped out. It was a marketing gamble. Returning the book will do nothing to impact the cost of purchasing them and shipping them out.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

What? You mean if a company makes more profit because of lower cost they don't lower their prices to offset it?
Shocking!

EXACTLY!
It was a marketing gamble.
EXACTLY!
Returning the book will do nothing to impact the cost of purchasing them and shipping them out.
No, it will not. No bearing on the cost at all but the profit on the campaign goes down as they realise it will. Sooo when deciding what price to charge for the book they simply offer the book at a higher price across the board to start with to make up for the ones that they speculate will not be paid for. Those that do buy the book are also paying for the books that are not paid for.
But you need to remember that the cost of the book is a fixed cost. The price to you and I if we decide to buy the book is jacked up to compensate for that percentave that they figured will not be paid for when distributed in this maner.
The price of the book is marked up to hopefully produce a given percentage of profit after factoring all normal costs + zero return for units uned in a campaign such as this. Take this type campaign out of the mix and the profit goes up per unit and maybe the price of the book goes for $8 instead of $9.