Wixey Digital Planer Gauge

Hello,

I'm looking for some feedback on the Wixey Digital Planer Gauge that Woodcraft is currently selling for $44.99 until Jan. 31st.

Pros or cons? It would be used on a Delta 22-580 planer.

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here to the group.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

No idea on that one, but I bought the angle gauge for my table saw and according to two engineer squares it's either right on or 0.1 degrees off.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote: | Hello, | | I'm looking for some feedback on the Wixey Digital Planer Gauge that | Woodcraft is currently selling for $44.99 until Jan. 31st. | | Pros or cons? It would be used on a Delta 22-580 planer. | | Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here to the group.

My Woodcraft catalog claimed readout in increments of 0.01 degrees; but I've heard since that it only reads in 0.1 degrees. If you need hundredths of a degree, then you'll need to wait a bit - otherwise it looks like a good buy. I've seen it advertised elsewhere close to the Woodcraft sale price; so I don't think you need be in a big hurry because of the Woodcraft sale ending date.

[ I bought an MD "SmartLevel" with a magnetic base, both 24" and 48" level bodies, and a 48" padded carrying case for about twice the price of the Wixey device. The MD product has been in use for several years using my original 9V battery and I've been happy with it. ]

Morris Dovey

Do a search in this group. Davis Easan recently installed one on his planer with a very well documented installation procedure. (w/pics) I hope it is still up on your server.

Robatoy

I installed one on my older delta planer this month. I had to make a bracket for it to fit my planer. To my surprise after the first calibration it was right on the money.

Reply to
Bigpole

"Bigpole" wrote in news:45b4c57a$0$28102$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

I have installed one on my Shop Fox 15" spiral blade planer and love it! Had to invent my own brackets, but it was a simple task and works very well! Have had it on for about six months and only had to replace the battery once.

Reply to
Ted