without a lathe.

Quite relaxing watching this.

Cleveland seems to be on a route tonight.

Reply to
woodchucker

Cool, and I am not the only one that thinks outside the box on this matter. I used a very similar method but with a TS and sander to make the quarter round corner columns and their groves.

Leon

I would have loved to see where the column's went and installed.

Reply to
OFWW

Me too. I was hoping to see how these fit into a project.

Reply to
Michael

Do they know that trees start off round? :-D

Reply to
-MIKE-

A jewelry box, I'm guessing.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Looks like a taper - and maybe flag poles. Perhaps indoor flag poles.

Mart> Quite relaxing watching this.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

My thought also.

Meanie

I didn't think so with the joinery in there. I think it's part of an interior support to a large structure, or to a large outside japaneese pergola.

Reply to
woodchucker

they rebuild some of the temples every 20 years and iirc they only use man power to do so

from cutting the trees and hauling the logs out to final and all points in between

it is a spiritual thing through dedication and hard work and collaboration

makes sense to me

Reply to
Electric Comet