winder

Does anyone have or know where to get plans to make a yarn ball winder. My wife is into knittingand I would like to try to make one if I can. I have plans for a yarn swift already.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Winding yarn in to a ball would seem to be a difficult task to do mechancally. You'd have to change the location of the wrapping point frequently to achieve a ball.
However, if you only need the yarn wound in to spools, that's a much simpler task. Simply tension the yarn and run a motor to reel it in. When the spool gets to one end or the other, it will usually reverse automatically.
Puckdropper