Willing spirits and weakened flesh.

The ultimate test of a computerized language translator program is its ability to reverse translate its own translation. The results are often comical. Years ago, some computer scientists gave their program the job to translate: "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." It translated it into Russian and back again: "The wine is fine but the meat is spoiled."
WTF does that have to do with woodworking? Lemme explain. I woke up this morning all full of piss and vinegar to get cracking on this 3-level bathroom vanity top. As I left the house, I noticed something of substance peeking out from my mailbox. I remember thinking to myself: "don't do this, Rob... take a look later..." I did look. 3 hours ago. Still here. Lee Valley 2006 catalogue. That Robin Lee...I oughtta...
It all comes down to weak flesh.
Well running Lee Valley through the computerized language translator (into Swahili and back to English) gives "Need Money."

Robatoy wrote:

Never Enough Money wrote:

Funny, I ran it through the "SWMBO translator" and it came back "You send them one more nickle and I will beat you with a ball bat."

Hey, I'm between cherry bowls right now, finishing lunch, and my fresh copy of FWW is sitting on the stack of mail within arm's reach. I'm only trembling slightly.
Of course the new LV catalog isn't here yet....
I got my big shiny new LV catalog in the mail yesterday, and I've managed to put it off this long... But I got my fix from their smaller catalog of new woodworking stuff, which I enjoyed very much. Can't wait to dive into the big one, though! I think I might "need" a Mk.II... Maybe for Christmas...
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Through a diabolical combination of the absolute necessity of saving for upcoming property tax season, a kid still in college, and the exercise of enormous will power, I have apparently been exorcised from "The List". <sob>
Should I go ahead and sue the appraisal district and Dept of Education now, or wait until the pain and suffering has tripled after Christmas?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/16/05

Ahhh...
If you think that's bad... the (now 236 page) hardware catalogue went in the mail Friday.... and Xmas catalogue is just around the corner...
we're baaaad......
:)
Cheers -
Rob
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:23:27 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,

Yes you is, ya bastid. And now, with the Shrub's deflated ducats and your annual price increases, we can't buy nearly as much "stuff" as we'd like any more. <sigh> If only I were born rich instead of ugly... (or something like that.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

the
We're living in a car because the bank has just taken the house, my six children only get potato and bread sandwiches for their school lunches and my pregnant wife is holding down three jobs. And NOW, you're telling me that I'm going to be forced to spend all our Christmas money on new Lee Valley tools for me.
Hell, Uncle Scrooge has nothing on you.

*sigh*..ahhh yess... potato... just to have some potato on my bread again....
What kind of car?
wrote in message

Those marketing people in your corporation all need a free weekend with the corporate Jet, Robin. They deserve it. . . . . . . . . . ...now was that a Jet lathe or a Jet band saw?

That's the one... the hardware catalogue... I already have almost all your tools....*G*