Willing spirits and weakened flesh.

The ultimate test of a computerized language translator program is its ability to reverse translate its own translation. The results are often comical. Years ago, some computer scientists gave their program the job to translate: "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." It translated it into Russian and back again: "The wine is fine but the meat is spoiled."

WTF does that have to do with woodworking? Lemme explain. I woke up this morning all full of piss and vinegar to get cracking on this 3-level bathroom vanity top. As I left the house, I noticed something of substance peeking out from my mailbox. I remember thinking to myself: "don't do this, Rob... take a look later..." I did look.

3 hours ago. Still here. Lee Valley 2006 catalogue. That Robin Lee...I oughtta...

It all comes down to weak flesh.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well running Lee Valley through the computerized language translator (into Swahili and back to English) gives "Need Money."

Robatoy wrote:

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Hey, I'm between cherry bowls right now, finishing lunch, and my fresh copy of FWW is sitting on the stack of mail within arm's reach. I'm only trembling slightly.

Of course the new LV catalog isn't here yet....

Reply to
George

I got my big shiny new LV catalog in the mail yesterday, and I've managed to put it off this long... But I got my fix from their smaller catalog of new woodworking stuff, which I enjoyed very much. Can't wait to dive into the big one, though! I think I might "need" a Mk.II... Maybe for Christmas...

Reply to
Andy

Through a diabolical combination of the absolute necessity of saving for upcoming property tax season, a kid still in college, and the exercise of enormous will power, I have apparently been exorcised from "The List".

Should I go ahead and sue the appraisal district and Dept of Education now, or wait until the pain and suffering has tripled after Christmas?

Reply to
Swingman

Funny, I ran it through the "SWMBO translator" and it came back "You send them one more nickle and I will beat you with a ball bat."

Reply to
wood_newbie

Ahhh...

If you think that's bad... the (now 236 page) hardware catalogue went in the mail Friday.... and Xmas catalogue is just around the corner...

we're baaaad......

:)

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:23:27 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Robin Lee" quickly quoth:

Yes you is, ya bastid. And now, with the Shrub's deflated ducats and your annual price increases, we can't buy nearly as much "stuff" as we'd like any more. If only I were born rich instead of ugly... (or something like that.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We're living in a car because the bank has just taken the house, my six children only get potato and bread sandwiches for their school lunches and my pregnant wife is holding down three jobs. And NOW, you're telling me that I'm going to be forced to spend all our Christmas money on new Lee Valley tools for me.

Hell, Uncle Scrooge has nothing on you.

Reply to
Upscale

Those marketing people in your corporation all need a free weekend with the corporate Jet, Robin. They deserve it. . . . . . . . . . ...now was that a Jet lathe or a Jet band saw?

Reply to
Robatoy

*sigh*..ahhh yess... potato... just to have some potato on my bread again....
Reply to
Robatoy

That's the one... the hardware catalogue... I already have almost all your tools....*G*

Reply to
Robatoy

What kind of car?

Reply to