Will we one day not need adhesives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0k04hjdYuQ

Decision time Leon.
Should you buy one of these or to continue to scrape by with the "old" Festool Domino?
On 12/17/2013 12:59 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

LOL, Fortunately I don't think they are available at this time.
On 12/17/2013 3:05 PM, Leon wrote:

I've seen the friction welding with metal where they spin the metals and join them.
I'm not sure if I like the burnt look that occurrs between the wood.
Quite interesting that what works for metal (I understand that) also works for wood... not sure I understand that.
--
Jeff

On 12/17/2013 3:45 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Not a wanted effect but we saw that quite often in the automotive business when there was a lubrication failure or lack there of. On another post that eventually focused on breaks I mentioned a disk caliper welding to a brake rotor.

I think that might disappear once you clear the "squeeze out" away. LOL

That is a head thumper.
Leon wrote:

if you find you have the wrong side up.
--
 GW Ross

 Health food makes me sick.

Wow, seems amazing, doesn't it. If I saw this on April 1st I'd think it was a joke.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
On 12/17/2013 5:53 PM, Larry W wrote:

No kidding. I wonder what melts together, the resins in the wood?
On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:42:13 -0600, Leon wrote:

lignin
basilisk