Will we one day not need adhesives?

Decision time Leon.

Should you buy one of these or to continue to scrape by with the "old" Festool Domino?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

LOL, Fortunately I don't think they are available at this time.

Reply to
Leon

Makes a gnarly joint! No more changing your mind before the glue sets if you find you have the wrong side up.

Reply to
G. Ross

I've seen the friction welding with metal where they spin the metals and join them.

I'm not sure if I like the burnt look that occurrs between the wood.

Quite interesting that what works for metal (I understand that) also works for wood... not sure I understand that.

Reply to
woodchucker

Not a wanted effect but we saw that quite often in the automotive business when there was a lubrication failure or lack there of. On another post that eventually focused on breaks I mentioned a disk caliper welding to a brake rotor.

I think that might disappear once you clear the "squeeze out" away. LOL

That is a head thumper.

Reply to
Leon

Wow, seems amazing, doesn't it. If I saw this on April 1st I'd think it was a joke.

Reply to
Larry W

No kidding. I wonder what melts together, the resins in the wood?

Reply to
Leon

basilisk

Reply to