Will this router fit this router table?

Hi,

I already own a Dewalt plunge router and would like to buy this table:

Porter-Cable 698 Bench Top Router Table (Amazon link below).

How do I make sure that they are compatible. Do I call DwWalt or Cable porter or someone could just tell me that they are?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

aaronfude

Which Dewalt? I have the 621, and I was told by dewalt that it wasn't suitable for tables I had called them for instructions on how to get the springs out - they sent me the diagram, but had no advice. I couldn't do it, and got another router (milwaulkee - very happy with it.)

Reply to
sheldon.mandel

P.S. try building your own table... It's worth it, even though you won't save much.

shelly

Reply to
sheldon.mandel

use contacting DeWalt they wouldn't know, suggest you contact Porter Cable. It is compatible with Plunge and Fixed router and need the subase removing.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Keep the plunge router as a plunge and buy a new router for a good table. You can build a much better table than this one for less money. A piece of counter top or a sink cutout can be used for the top, then you can either use your router to make a recess to set in the insert to easily lift the router out for bit changes.

You can do better than this. Much better.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My table is a piece of one-inch melamine from a dead computer desk, with a Rousseau router plate in it, and clamped to the top of a workmate. :-) Small shop.

Actually, it HAS saved me a lot of money, and I'm having trouble justifying building a nice dedicated router station. Not the money, justifying the project when I haven't yet run into anything that my down and dirty little router table thing can't handle. I'm sure I will, sooner or later. But for now I got a cradle to finish by end of January. Sort of a hard deadline kind of thing.

Reply to
else24

Reply to
todd1814