Will Self

For Swingman and others who might be still interested, I just had an email from Will Self.
Will was hit by a truck while walking to work in late October of last year: He has been slowly recovering. It is still hard for him to write, but his expression is clear and, at least to me, this sign of improvement is very gratifying. Until now, my (our) only news of his improvement has been from his wife, Margaret.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

year: He

his
Thanks for the update, Charlie ... as always, pass on our best wishes for a continuing, and speedy, recovery.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04

Not too speedy, I guess, especially from his end, but at least he's recovering. I'll pass along best wishes.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
Fuck that asshole. I never liked him. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit if he dropped dead. To hell with that SOB.
Well here is the dizm twitt again... Why do you post so secretly? You are sooooo obvious.

if he

Will everyone please stop quoting it?
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

Charlie Self wrote:

[snip] Found myself thinking about Will from time to time and always meant to drop you a note of inquiry. Laziness, senior moments - sigh. Thanks for keeping track, Charlie. My best to Will and family.     mahalo,     jo4hn

email from

"Me too." Kept thinking all last week I should drop you a note about Will, but my supply of *round tuits* is running low. Great to hear he's making some progress. I'm assuming he's home now if he's e-mailing.
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.

Yes. He's been home for some weeks, maybe a couple months, now. I thought I'd posted that some time ago, but the older my mind gets, the more like a sieve it gets.
I'm hopin' and prayin' his progress continues and speeds up, too. Will was one of my livelier email correspondents, with good wit, something I really miss.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

That's good to hear, hope his recovery accelerates.
Sun, Apr 18, 2004, 5:47pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (CharlieSelf) says: <snip> I just had an email from Will Self. <snip>
Tell 'em hi.
JOAT The Good are Innocent so they invented Justice. The Evil are Guilty so they invented Mercy. - Unknown