Wild Meditation Bench

out the giant dovetail.

Reply to
Bruce

I quite like it, and as a practitioner can easily see the benefit. The slight rise above the floor and forward lean open the angle between legs and back a little, making it easier to keep balance and maintaining better blood flow to the legs. As long as the base flair is sufficient I don't think it would be tippy. I wonder what the dimensions are...

Reply to
Bob N

zen meditation doesn't emphasize comfort....

Reply to
Bridger

part of the discipline is yoga. that takes care of the aches and pains so you can sit completely still for hours on end....

Reply to
Bridger

It says on the page:

If you have special needs as to height etc. let us know. We can make any adjustment necessary. The standard bench is 14" long, 6" wide and 8" tall in the front and

9" tall in the back.

above

easier

flair

Reply to
Ian Dodd

How does one use the thang? I just sit on a fat little pillow.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

I'm not sure. I'd guess sitting on it with your knees on the ground and your feet tucked under and back. I made a meditation table for a guy once, kind of a lap tray with legs. never saw him use it though.

Reply to
Bridger

there are lots of disciplines. there are no rules.

Reply to
Bridger

Hell, I can do that now. Meditation? My wife calls it loafing.

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Thanks, Ian. I just read the page too fast and loose, I guess.

Reply to
Bob N