Wild Meditation Bench

http://rnbrookwoodworking.com/Meditation%20benches/meditation%20benches.htm
Check out the giant dovetail.
I quite like it, and as a practitioner can easily see the benefit. The slight rise above the floor and forward lean open the angle between legs and back a little, making it easier to keep balance and maintaining better blood flow to the legs. As long as the base flair is sufficient I don't think it would be tippy. I wonder what the dimensions are...
It says on the page:
If you have special needs as to height etc. let us know. We can make any adjustment necessary. The standard bench is 14" long, 6" wide and 8" tall in the front and 9" tall in the back.

Thanks, Ian. I just read the page too fast and loose, I guess.
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 01:51:24 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

zen meditation doesn't emphasize comfort....
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:48:45 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

part of the discipline is yoga. that takes care of the aches and pains so you can sit completely still for hours on end....

How does one use the thang? I just sit on a fat little pillow.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:15:14 -0600, Australopithecus scobis

I'm not sure. I'd guess sitting on it with your knees on the ground and your feet tucked under and back. I made a meditation table for a guy once, kind of a lap tray with legs. never saw him use it though.
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 01:11:05 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

there are lots of disciplines. there are no rules.

Hell, I can do that now. Meditation? My wife calls it loafing.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee