wife offered membership; why not me

Today, my wife received the big orange envelope in the mail. Her personalized invitation to join the Handyman Club of America as a charter member. How many years now have they been recruiting charter members? I don't know how in the hell they got her name. Even got the "Mrs." right in the salutation.
I snagged her free gift - the glue spreader, aka a drill bit guide. That makes four I have now. My kids drew some pictures, my wife grabbed some expired coupons and we stuffed the postage paid envelope full of our "junk mail" and sent it back to them.
Bob
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:47:59 -0500, "bob"

Since it _was_ postage paid, you could have taped the empty envelope to a cinder block. :)
Michael Baglio Chapel Hill
LMAO ! I'll have to try that with the next one.
Bob

My daughter, now 12, received her invitation to join about a year or so back. I have no clue where they picked up her name, either.
Glen

ROTFL! ;-)
Which "disease" are your "diseased" with? Warts? Wasp stings?
Or, perhaps, you write "deceased" on the envelope?
Jim Stuyck

I think that was jo4hn's point -- removal vs. burned.
Jim Stuyck wrote:

lives. Hence "diseased".     j4

At least "that's your story and you're sticking to it." ;-)
Jim
pixelated:

Try "Sieze and Desistered" some time, too.
------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
bob wrote:

Yeah, I know how that goes. I've been a Popular Mechanics subscriber for years and years.
Mrs. Renee O. McIntyre
*sigh*
jo4hn wrote:

You, sir, are weird! I LIKE that in a person!
ARM ;-)
Sat, Jul 19, 2003, 3:13pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) says: I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good day.
I prefer to be truthful, and simply write something like "refused as obscene material".
From WordNet (r) 1.7 (wn) obscene adj <snip> 2: offensive to the mind; "an abhorrent deed"; "the obscene massacre at Wounded Knee"; "morally repugnant customs"; "repulsive behavior"; "the most repulsive character in recent novels" [syn: , , , ]
Hehehehehe.
JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html

If you want to _be_sure_ that they don't mail you again, just trot down to the Post Office, and ask for a "Form 1500". Fill it out, which involves claiming that *YOU* (and *nobody* -- not the Post Office, or even the U.S. Supreme Court can override your evaluation) find the material to be obscene, and don't want any more mailing from that company.
Not only do they have to stop sending you 'stuff', they have to remove your name/address/etc. from _all_ their records. This means that they can't rent/sell your name/address to somebody else who wants to junk mail you.
Related info: For those getting the subscription 'renewal' notices from the people -not- related to the magazine; sending 'fake' invoices is *illegal*. The Federal law is "39 USC 3001 (d)". The post office takes a _very_ dim view of such activities. Go to the Post Office, again, and ask for "Form 8165". You'll need to include a copy of the 'invoice' *and* a copy of the face of the envelope, with the complaint when you submit it.