wide oak floor laying

Hi,

I have some 9inch wide oak boards to lay on to 50 x 50 batterns at 350 centres on top of scree and am not what is the best way to fix boards. I think they need face nailing instead of hidden nailing because of the width and because they do not have the stress relief grooves on underside.

If they do need face nailing what tool should be used to drive them home slightly recessed from surface without marking.

Any advice appreciated

Reply to
cleveleywoodworks