WIDE cut sliding miter saws?

I'm curious if anyone makes a sliding miter saw that can crosscut a panel up to 24" wide? Sort of a miniature panel saw?

All of the sliding miter saws I have seen have been limited to 12" cuts regardless of whether they use 8", 10", or 12" blades?

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Look for radial arm saws.

Reply to
mp

All of the sliding miter saws I have seen have been limited to 12" cuts=20 regardless of whether they use 8", 10", or 12" blades?

Anthony

Reply to
SwampBug

The first slide saws were made by Delta,they crosscut up to 24" if I recall. They were called Delta Saw Buck. I haven't seen a new one in years, probably stopped making them.They worked pretty well, I had to check often for squareness to the fence. They were a bit touchy to set up and keep accurate. The saw I used was used for everything, sort of abused. I imagine if one was used for trim work only, you would get better results.

mike

Reply to
mike