**wibble** runner slot thingy system **wibble**

How about some "T" track like that used for router jigs and a couple of = screws with filed heads to inset in the tracks. =20

Works for me and my drill press.

P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

OK, I know what I'm looking for but not sure what to type into the search engines to find it and I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a table which my model railway is on and it's like a pasting table that the legs fold down. Because of the layout the controls are situated under the table on a smaller table. But I want to place them on the underside of the table so I have constructed a box for the controls to be housed in.

To attach this box to the table I want use a runner slot thingy system so that it can be removed before I fold the legs down. Basically and as simply as I can explain I want to put two "hook" runners on the top of the wooden box holding the controls and two recieving hook runners on the underside of the table so that the box can be slid on and off at whim.

Now I hope that makes sense and some of you wise and worldly people can point me in the right direction.

Thank You.

PS. I've looked at drawer runners but most don't work upside down or require a twist to engage the two seperate components which wouldn't work in the location!

Reply to
TrailRat

SFWIW, back when I had an HO layout, had the controls hung under the table with a pair of hinges.

Could fold the control box up under the table, then lock in place which allowed the controls to be protected when table was lowered.

YMMV

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The rails of the table are shallower then the height of the control box and the layout when folded down has to have a narrow profile for storage. With the landscaping and the control box, I would run the risk of damaging both.

BTW - Running N-gauge line.

Reply to
TrailRat

TrailRat wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b1g2000vbc.googlegro ups.com:

How about a french cleat, similar to what you would use to hang a cabinet on the wall. Only difference being you would need two, one for either side or front/back.

Larry

A hinge w/ a loose pin on each side -- simply set in place and insert pins, to remove, pull...

Ordinary door hinge w/ the rolled, not forged loop and easy enough to enlarge slightly to give the play for easy pin insertion/removal.

--

Reply to
dpb

Couple of old drawer slides from a desk or file cabinet?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Get yourself some nice straight lengths of well seasoned hardwood, your router and dovetail cutter and make a dovetail slide like you get on milling machines etc.

Reply to
Stuart