Why Pay $5000 for marble countertop, I paid $100! (w/pics)

They make samples with "scrap," but I wonder what happens to it all.

Reply to
p_j

I have always known it as MacTac, but apparently the generic name is Contact Paper. It is a peel and stick plastic sheeting. I have about $10 of it on this countertop. I don't expect it to last, it was more of a joke for my Mom and it only has to last a month or two until the real countertop is made.

Hey, My Mom laughed when she saw the countertop and gave me a big hug, that it will fail over time does not really matter. The plywood substrate will protect the cabinets from any spill.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

LJ,

The coloUr will be changed real soon now...

She does have a single sister, but she lives in Croatia. Traveling soon?

Whenever my Brother gets around to it, it *will* be painted.

David, who does not paint...

Reply to
David F. Eisan

*BOTH* 'MACtac' and 'Contact' are trademarked brand names.

The 'generic' is "self-adhesive shelf-liner".

Today the 'MACtac' name applies to an entire line of materials, most of which are commercial 'raw material' for various kinds of sign- and label-making.

I'm not sure if they're still making the consumer product under that name.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

No ! It's "Sticky-Backed Plastic" 8-)

(Get a Brit to explain it to you)