Why no MDO at HD?

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 23:31:07 -0400, Silvan

The last time I was in there I had my 13 year old daughter with me. In the course of the transacation, they asked me 6 times how to spell my name plus they had to call someone to ask if they could sell me the stand alone satellite receiver I wanted.
I was calm (boiling inside) and politely answered their questions and otherwised conducted the transaction. My daughter didn't say anything whatsoever until we got outside, then she asked me why the people in that store were so stupid. No prompting from me. I'm so proud. She's very perceptive.
Lazarus Long wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Back in 1974 when I was 19 years old, I figured that Radio Shack employees were most likely people that were not capable of figuring out how to collect welfare.
Only a little more off-topic, but not too far considering where this is heading...
I had to return some items to CompUSA the other day and the manually entered stuff into their register and after messing up (and me pointing this out) had to do it again. I think my credit card finally ended up correct. I did bring up the fact that at HD the return procedure is much easier with the bar-codes and all. They just looked at me.
I did mention to them that it was amazing that a home store had better automation than a computer store. :-) (Maybe it's because they need it more?)
Pete

and
sheets
posts
did
PJS wrote:

I can top that. I buy my computers from a local store run by Chinese people. They're good to deal with, and their prices are so good that it's not worth fooling with mail order. They write out bills of sale by hand, add them up with a calculator, and then give you a photocopy. They don't seem to use computers for inventory management or anything. They don't even have a *cash register*.

entered
It still blows me away that a store tha mainly deals with computers and computer related sales has such an out of date innacurate inventory controll system.
Leon,
is your spell-checker on strike? :)
dave
Leon wrote: snip tha innacurate controll
It is very picky as to where I type my reply. If my reply is on top of a post as this one is the checker works. If it is below the post, it does not work..