Why is my stain not getting as dark as shown in store samples?

-------------------------------------- Vicious personal attack time, huh.

Don't think you want to go there.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Vicious personal attack = plonk, at least in my book.

Reply to
Joe

On 3/6/2010 1:33 PM Lew Hodgett spake thus:

*That's* a vicious attack???? I think someone's insult-o-meter needs recalibration, and I don't think it's mine ...
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I think the idiot is the one that needs to look through all the mess to get to the reply. Basically the one that cannot remember what he just read in the immediate above post. Why reread each time if you have any kind of memory. Why not for those that can keep up do we need to have the response at the bottom?

So to in response to your probable response, If you have not read the whole thread or your computer does not show the previous response, read the statement below the top posted response.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 07:33:17 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Sorry, Kate, but I agree with David's horrible, nasty, ugly, vicious, hateful, war-mongering response. (See? Other folks can overreact, too, Lew. ;)

Tolerance is his virtue. I've plonked half the topposters I've read.

Why? For it to be a logical response, especially on proper (bottom-posted, or interstitial if for multiple phrase replies like this one) responses. It's not as bad when the original post and answer both fit on the screen but it's still a real bother for a lot of people. That said, yes, more people should snip their quotes to only the relevant info. (BTW, topposters never snip anything at all, adding unnecessary delay to Usenet use for everyone.)

What about those who don't have time to read the posts every day, or just started reading the newsgroup?

For those of you who find it hard to bottom-post, get a decent freakin' _newsreader_, fer chrissake! Usenet isn't rocket science.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You have a point there. However I try to remember to snip everything and simply post a response, it naturally ends up at the top. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*snip*

I set my newsreader to show the quoted text in a smaller font than the new text, and often use its skip to next lower unquoted paragraph feature. The whole top, middle, or bottom thing doesn't bother me; my newsreader takes care of it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:45:18 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

That's OK, Leon. Just so you (and other topposters) know, when the burrs build up enough under the Usenet saddle, people start quietly plonking the topposters and their burrs.

It's only natural. Reading Usenet posts is a hobby/pastime only until it becomes not enjoyable. Your option, your risk.

---------------------------------------------------------- California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake --------------------------------------

* NoteSHADE(tm) Laptop Glare Guards

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The Four Horsemen Of The Pharmacy: Baldness, Blindness, Impotence, & Death

Reply to
LDosser

"David Nebenzahl" wrote No, it just makes you look like an idiot.

But please do whatever you want.

Reply to
Kate

On case where I top post on usenet is to a blind person whom I am replying to. And sometime just to poke at someone who is all to serious about such things.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:52:29 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

You meant The Four Profiteers, didn't you?

-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 3/8/2010 5:33 AM Kate spake thus:

[your reply invisible]

Well, Kate, here you made a technical error; you started your reply below my sig delimiter (that "--" down there), so it became invisible in my reply (this message) since proper news clients clip out the previous sig in a message being replied to. Prolly because you're using Micro$oft Outlook Express (ver. 6.00.2900.5843 to be exact), which is notoriously bad at handling Usenet conventions like sigs, quoting, etc.

But regarding your other comment: yeah, I have no problem with your version:

"You were wrong, and I'm woman enough to admit it."

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Actually there is no risk to "me" of being plonked if I top post... I loose nothing. The plonker OTOH misses out on my vast experience and BS. :~)

Reply to
Leon

You need to have a forward of "Warning- don't read while drinking" before those types of responses Leon!!

You could be liable for laptop damages. :^)

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

[...snip...]

Dye fades more than pigment...so are we talking apples or oranges.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

I suppose some profit from them, but they are mentioned on almost every list of side effects.

Reply to
LDosser

You need to have a forward of "Warning- don't read while drinking" before those types of responses Leon!!

You could be liable for laptop damages. :^)

Sorry

Reply to
Leon

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:24:27 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Well, I'll give you the latter, anyway. ;)

And perhaps that experience is only half-vast, like mine.

-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 02:25:56 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

OK, I see where you're coming from. I was looking at the fears they play upon, and the vast sums of money generated in quelling those fears. The BigPharm creates fears and finds a cure for it worth billions per cure.