Why hasn't 20062304277 been banned from posting?

Page 2 of 3

I also would like these post stopped but understand that this is a unmoderated group. How does one killfiled post from immature people. I am a liberal who would never call an immature person liberal or conservative. I think you proably mean garbage post.
One uses a newsreader and news provider, and not Google Groups. If one uses Google Groups one sees everything.

No, there is no way to stop any text-only post to rec.woodworking that does not violate the terms of service set out by the poster's internet provider because rec.woodworking is not a moderated group.
Binary posts, however, will be dropped by most news hosts automatically.
Use a decent newsreader and learn to filter. If you insist on using Google Groups, though, you'll need to learn how to simply ignore posts and threads that offend your sensibilities.
Welcome to USEnet. Please adjust your reality.

Nope. Best you can do is to get a real news reader (instead of reading and posting via Google Groups), and install NewsProxy (aka NFilter) with the appropriate filter files. Do a Google Groups search on this newsgroup for "NewsProxy" and/or "NFilter" and you'll find all the information you need.
--
Regards,
So who owns the rec? OOPS have I been here before?

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

Fluffy owns *all* of USENET.
Do a google search for "fluffy usenet meow"
--

Meow!

Killfile [might be under Message / Filters]. Another option: Ignore thread. I list all incoming according to headers [rather than order by date.] Easy to spot one you don't want, select and delete all at once. That's *after* others have been entirely blocked with the killfilter. The problem is that in this newsgroup, once you get rid of the I'm a war-hero crap and what colour should I paint my workbench, or how can you safely cut a quarter inch cube using a radial arm saw, and here's a plan for a popsicle stick picture frame, there's not a whole lot left. It's a whole lot better though.
Do you know ... I'd think we will all really miss him when he goes. I bet you its really LEON?

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70 http://www.connoraston.com
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:03:33 +0000 (UTC), "Connor Aston"

In a previous post in this interminable set of threads with this troll, I recommended we name him "Fifi" instead of JT's "Buttercup" or Leon's "Stinky". The more I think about it, a better name would be "Puny". This seems more appropriate (and since he seems to insist on staying in the rec, we may as well name him -- he's a bad troll, but he does seem determined to remain the rec's troll. Since he insists on staying, it would be quite impersonal to treat him as only a number). Most trolls come into a newsgroup and generate a large outpouring of ire that remains high level for a while, then dwindles. When the ire and responses dwindle, the troll tries a few more casts, then moves on, knowing that it can no longer make a living in that particular newsgroup. This troll is different, it seems to be able to survive on the meager pickings of a few, occasional responses that die down rather quickly. Thus, it must be a rather poor troll, able to draw sustenance for its trollish behavior from the meager fare offered by the denizens of rec.ww in a few taunts and low-level responses to its trollish postings. To be able to survive on such small pickings, it must, by necessity be a rather small, pitiful, emaciated troll -- thus the appellation "Puny" just seems to fit.
It's kind of an interesting phenomenon, this troll has lasted longer than most. It is almost the equivalent of the village idiot of old. Most typically, the village idiot was the offspring of one of the town's couples. Most likely they were kindly folk who died and left the VI with nowhere to go, but who was then adopted by the townsfolk who would tolerate occasional silliness, but pretty much just provided sustenance to the VI, letting him live out his days by himself. Sometimes people would taunt or tease the village idiot, but this usually resulted in pangs of conscience for the tormentor, recognizing that they were really taking advantage of one unable to defend himself. The VI mostly took this kind of ribbing in stride and with good humor, thus making the guilt of the tormentor even more heavy on the tormentor. Our resident troll, however, is more like a belligerent village idiot, one who is too stupid to recognize his inability to survive on his own, but one who not only gets in the way,but goes out of his way to make himself a pain and bully the townsfolk. In the old days, such Village Idiots often found themselves run out of town on a rail at best, or floating facedown in the local river at worst after they had assaulted one too many, or the wrong, townsperson. Fortunately, we are more civilized and the only "killing" done is the addition of such trolls the the bowels of the kill filters. One of the other side-effects of such belligerent VI's was the fact that taunting such VI's was no longer out of the realm of civil behavior, but an activity that could be engaged in without pangs of conscience since the VI actually brought such ridcule upon himself and the occasionally well-placed jab served to remind the VI that he really wasn't the king of the realm. This seems to be the case with our resident village idiot, every once in a while, when he escapes the kill filters, or when new folks encounter him, folks take advantage of the opportunity for a few carthartic slams before once again assigning the troll to the kill files.
So, let's all raise our glasses to Puny, he ain't much of a troll, but he's the rec's troll.

I've never responded to any of the War Dead posts. I will now make the only one I ever will.
There's a war on. People I love are over there, and their days are often even more disrupted than mine are when I have to read or see a post or even maybe three or four, about my fallen countryfolk. There might even be a few innocent children maimed or killed about the same time this guy, for whatever reasons, inconveniences me.
I'm living with it. I'd kinda like the wars and killing to stop. Then maybe there wouldn't be any reminders of it on my favorite newsgroup. But until then, I can deal with it.

The most sickening thing about these posts is that the Iraqi dead aren't even counted and none of you sub-human americans even care about the suffering of the Iraqi people. Anyone who isn't from the USA doesn't give two hoots how many Americans get killed - if you invade other countries its no good crying when you get hurt.
Tim w

persay?! persay?!!!!
Thanks for the grin!

Infinitely better than the pitiful life you have here in the wreck.
<2006.2309.282> wrote...

No pats to my back! Just kudos to you for workin' the language so well. What respect you must command! You are so clever! You offer so much! What an honor it is for us to bask in the glow of your intellect. You genius, you. And subtle, too.
Uh, Mister DeMars, denoyeB wasn't referencing one of your posts. Tom

When did caring about human lives become a liberal only cause?
I find his posts way less offensive that most OT posts. It makes me uncomfortable to read about another lost life...but it should.

Because his posts have less to do with caring about human lives than about providing aid and comfort to the insurgents and attempting to assure the failure of the mission of our men and women over there by taking away support for their effort over here.

If it were balanced by commentary on what is being accomplished (as reported by those coming back), then this would be a valid comment.

Wow, you have a bad case

You really think so?
Try this thought exercise. Apply the same standards of reporting being used in the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict to World War II. You would get headlines such as:
    "Thousands of Civilians Killed in Allied Night-time Bombing of Dresden, Tens of Thousands left Homeless"
    "Thousands of US Troops Killed Attempting to take Guadalcanal, Japanese Maintain Defense, Questions Increase Regarding War Effort" [Note, it took 6 months to take Guadelcanal - the above headline would have been posted after the first 3 days of the assault]
    "Doubts Remain in US Strategy to Leap-frog to Japan, Japanese Strongholds Remain Behind Allied Advance"
    "US Intercepts Japanese Messages, Secret Program to Monitor Japanese Communications Uncovered -- Privacy Advocates Express Outrage"
    "Despite Military Victory Over Germany, Insurgents Maintain Support in Germany, US Troops Fear Victory is Overstated" [It took several years to fully suppress the Wolfen in Germany]
    "Germans in War-Crime Trials Express Outrage, Cite Mistreatment and Abuse Against Them"
Mark & Juanita wrote:

[snip to digest]

I didn't read any of those headlines in Mr. Numbers' posts. Maybe you're thinking of someone else?
Did I pass the exercise?
er
--
email not valid