Why Don't We Have Fishing Related WoodDorking Topics?

I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures.

Steam bent frames for nets. Making wooden paddles.

Wooden Priests.

That sorta thing.

I don't recall seeing much about this around here.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

The Fine Woodworking collected volumes - probably "Woodshop Specialities"

Otherwise I believe there are a scant handful of the relevant Victorian books, and copies sell for more than a copy of Holtzapffel.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Actually Andy I was talking about the lack of chatter about these topics on the Wreck.

It seems a lack to me that this particular area of wooddorking is left out of the conversation.

BTW - don't you Brits fish for minnows with ridiculously long poles (make that 'rods', I'd not want you to be accused ofviolating the tallish Polish for sport).

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

I have a split bambo rod that I bought when the hardware store in our town went outta biz this would be about 50 years ago. I paid a buck yes $1.00 for it, infact he had 2 of them and I bought both but one went to the wayside someplace thru life. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Somebody has to start the thread. Go ahead.

Roger

Reply to
Roger amd Missy Behnke

I remember 50 years ago salivating over a Heddon President. IIRC, it was about $100 at the time, which was about two weeks net pay. Needless to say, I didn't get one.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Perch, I believe, for those hugely long poles. You only need a fishing licence for one county, but can fish the adjoing one too. I have a carbon fibre tube multi-section one that I use as a flagpole.

Otherwise it's trout and salmon up in Scotland for huge amounts of money. The well-heeled and even better-tweeded nobility hunting trout with Purdeys, or somesuch.

Reply to
Andy Dingley