Why Don't We Have Fishing Related WoodDorking Topics?

I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures.
Steam bent frames for nets. Making wooden paddles.
Wooden Priests.
That sorta thing.
I don't recall seeing much about this around here.
Regards,
Tom
Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

The Fine Woodworking collected volumes - probably "Woodshop Specialities"
Otherwise I believe there are a scant handful of the relevant Victorian books, and copies sell for more than a copy of Holtzapffel.
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 00:35:51 +0100, Andy Dingley

Actually Andy I was talking about the lack of chatter about these topics on the Wreck.
It seems a lack to me that this particular area of wooddorking is left out of the conversation.
BTW - don't you Brits fish for minnows with ridiculously long poles (make that 'rods', I'd not want you to be accused ofviolating the tallish Polish for sport).
Regards,
Tom
Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
I have a split bambo rod that I bought when the hardware store in our town went outta biz this would be about 50 years ago. I paid a buck yes $1.00 for it, infact he had 2 of them and I bought both but one went to the wayside someplace thru life. ross
On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 20:54:51 -0700, Ross Hebeisen wrote:

I remember 50 years ago salivating over a Heddon President. IIRC, it was about $100 at the time, which was about two weeks net pay. Needless to say, I didn't get one.

Perch, I believe, for those hugely long poles. You only need a fishing licence for one county, but can fish the adjoing one too. I have a carbon fibre tube multi-section one that I use as a flagpole.
Otherwise it's trout and salmon up in Scotland for huge amounts of money. The well-heeled and even better-tweeded nobility hunting trout with Purdeys, or somesuch.
Somebody has to start the thread. Go ahead.
Roger