Why does Gorilla glue suck?

Page 2 of 3

Because they may be insecure with their beliefs and probably need that constant reminder.
snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net says...

all, the US media and public have a very short memory :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

says...

When one of those WMD's that got taken to Syria before the war started, ends up shoved up your A**, you will know where they are.
See what you made me do? I couldn't hold back when you so immaturely presented such a large target.
--
Jim in NC--

IMHO they were either moved out early or were destroyed when we pounded the area.

Or, perhaps they want to offer an opposing viewpoint to an opinion already offered.
;-)
djb
--
------
WOMD?
"Brett A. Thomas" wrote:

OK, I'll bite. #1 son? ARM

"Jack of All Trades" (JOAT) has a current sig of "If we're all God's children, what's so special about Jesus?" If I were a Christian, I imagine it would be very tempting to write a long ranting response explaining what was so special about Jesus. Since I'm not, I feel no such compulsion, but I keep expecting that sig to generate a huge thread.
Heck, maybe it's just about to do so. :)
-BAT

Yeah, right...
djb
--
"You know why men name their penis? Because we wouldn't want a total stranger
making all our decisions for us!" -- Ed the Sock

Nope, during college I worshipped at the Altar of the Porcelain God quite a bit.
Franklin divulges the code readily so you can read date in the store.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:00:07 -0500, D K Woods

It doesn't look like there is any glue between the two pieces of wood. It looks like there was nothing on the end grain of the short piece. Did it all squeeze out?. I just did a project with polyurethane glue, its the strongest wood glue I have ever used!
Leslie

[posted and mailed]
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comGreg (Gfretwell) wrote in

That picture looks like you are gluing end grain to long grain?
--
Patrick Fitzgerald - snipped-for-privacy@barelyfitz.com
BarelyFitz Designs - http://www.barelyfitz.com /
On 20 Aug 2003 20:15:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comGreg (Gfretwell) wrote:

Gfretwell wrote:

End grain joint. Any glue would fail.

OK guys we have a test in progress. I took some garden variety $5 a gallon white glue and made exactly the same joint in a clean section of the groove with the other end of the stick.

I'm not sure I agree. There's enough long grain there to give it some strength. Sure doesn't look like there was very much glue in the joint, though. And it definitely could have used some additional reinforcement such as a tenon or a biscuit.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comGreg says...

Rick
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comGreg (Gfretwell) wrote in

Why did you wet it? I never wet wood. Used gorilla glue in some wood repair. There's no way those pieces of wood are coming apart :-)
ken

Read the directions on the bottle. Gorilla Glue and or polyurethane glue cures in the presence of moisture. Adding water speeds cure time.