Why do i need a jointer?

Page 3 of 3
BINGO!!! Seems to me like ole Rog was just want to stir something up. Notice he hasn't come back with anything else snippy????

A jointer is the table saw's best friend. Anyone can do without a jointer, with the tradeoff in time. I love my DJ-20. I have built many pieces of furniture using only hand tools, but it takes patience and a little skill.

A simple thanks to those who gave me a sensible answer.....and to those who gave me wise- ass comments........U HURT MY FEELINGS ! I will use the money I save on not buying a jointer for more walnut, cherry etc...

Thanks for the update.
todd

You're very welcome.
Barry
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.verizon.net writes:

Gawd. I'm a professional secretary, or have been many years of my life (even had a service bureau for 12 years), and I send text messages such as: "R U going 2 B there 2?" Of course, in a letter, it's an entirely different matter, more like "Do your plans include attending the event?" (yeah,right!)
I must admit, even in text messaging, I usually overcome the urge to abbreviate, most likely much to the consternation of my eldest son.
Yup, in some sit-u-a-tions, "u" is a word.<g>
And, no, spell checkers don't catch such things as: There read dog chaste the dear.
Glenna who has tomorrow off and new wood in the garage and is in a weird mood tonight (bought new wood clamps this evening also)

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:12:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) wrote:

There's a difference between a text message, where you have a limited amount of space to send a message, and Usenet, where you have no limits. As a secretary, I'm sure you don't use shorthand when writing online, any more than it should be acceptable to use "text-speak" outside of the text message environment.