Why do i need a jointer?

You're very welcome.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

There's a difference between a text message, where you have a limited amount of space to send a message, and Usenet, where you have no limits. As a secretary, I'm sure you don't use shorthand when writing online, any more than it should be acceptable to use "text-speak" outside of the text message environment.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

If that is truly your attitude towards raising your children (and if you do have children, I suspect that it's not), then you have abrogated your responsibilities. Each generation has had cause to blame things beyond their control.

Reply to
GregP

We hire a good number of people straight out of school. Most of them do not reflect your view. The ratio is at least as good as it was 20 years ago.

Reply to
GregP

Can I buy some of whatever it is you're taking?

Where/how the hell do you get that is "your attitude towards raising your children" from my above reply??

Or is it "a reflection of the way you were raised" that would cause such a convoluted, way-out-in-left-field interpretation?

Sheeesh!

Reply to
Swingman

Too much work to do thru the holidays...you can have as much of it as you want :-)

Well, it sounded like the complaint you see all of the time that the media is corrupting our youth. If they have been instilled with decent values, that is not anywhere near as likely to happen than if they weren't. YMMV. But if that's not where you were going, I apologize.

Reply to
GregP

If that is what you meant, I apologize also ... didn't look like it, but I certainly agree with what you say above.

I've almost finished raising two ... if you ever do "finish" that job, that is. A good example of the media's "influence" is the recent outcry about Abercrombie & Fitch and their catalog aimed at the teen market a year or so back. My youngest, 19 now, while she didn't fall for it, had lot's of friends who did ... or parents who didn't care, or notice, or who ignored it.

That's not to say that I did not feel that I had to "refresh" her training a bit on the matter, so we had a discussion about what I felt was "wrong" with pitching sex to young teens in advertisements.

I also reinforced, at the time, that she could spend her own money where she wished, but that _my_ money was not going to be spent supporting the type of thinking and values that company portrayed in their advertisements ... and I that I would be disappointed if she did not feel the same way.

As far as I know, she has never been back to A & F.

Reply to
Swingman