Why Didn't I Buy This Years Ago!?

Hee Hee. I know exactly where you are coming from. Small investment and all of a sudden I can find pencils without looking for them every time I want to mark something. Ditto tape measure and other small tools.

Most productive small investment I can think of.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Mine has been giving me fits too, and that's my cane hand ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

FWIW, Sears has something similar for 6 bucks--more but smaller pockets .

For a bit more bucks Bucket Boss and Ergodyne have a couple of nice ones:

and .

Note that the Ergodyne is designed to hang on your shoulders, not your neck.

Reply to
J. Clarke

This is the one I'd buy because the shoulder straps are perfect.

The HF and this one, as well as all the others I've seen have too deep of pockets it appears, both for the tape and the pencils. The apron the wife made me years ago had a shallow pocket that perfectly held a tape measure, it was 2 pockets wide so it was easy to "find" w/o looking. The deep pockets of the HF are not as nice, and since there are 3 of them, sometimes I have to stop and look to get my hand in the right pocket. Sounds silly but after using my wifes design, it's annoying to lose a short pencil or have to search for my tape, the main two (only) tools I carry in my apron.

So, if I were designing a shop apron, I'd use the Ergodyne style shoulder straps and I'd have just 2 instead of 3 pockets, one long shallow one just deep enough to hold a tape, and one deeper one designed to capture saw dust, cause I seldom put anything in it anyway. For Pencils I'd have both short pockets and deep ones for short and long pencils.

Reply to
Jack Stein

.

After a few days of having this thing hang on my neck, I'm going to keep an eye out for one with crossing suspender-style straps. The wife says she can sew some on this one, so I may do both.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I didn't know I was a part of this conversation; I thought you were talking to Karl. ;-)

Reply to
Steve Turner