Why Didn't I Buy This Years Ago!?

Page 1 of 2
<http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid9167
An apron, yes.... and a whopping 4 bucks at that. Decent quality, too... thick cotton denim with good stitching and straps.
Another one of those items you pick up and think, "why didn't I get one of these years ago?"
--

-MIKE-

On 7/30/2010 1:23 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I've always preferred a shop apron over a tool belt.
Until the last year, when a shoulder injury made it impossible to reach around my back to snap/unsnap one, I've used the Rockler, cross back model.
Recently I switched over to this, made by the same folks who make the canvas, bucket insert tool holders. The catch is on the side and doesn't aggravate my shoulder, and being canvas it doesn't get as nasty with glue and stain as a cloth type ... and is a lot cooler than a leather apron in this climate:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page !692&filter=apron
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/30/10 2:31 PM, Swingman wrote:

This one snaps on the side, just like your Rockler, Steve. In case you want t cheap backup or one dedicated to another task.
(The girls' single is #54 this week, btw.)
--

-MIKE-

On 7/30/2010 4:43 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I didn't know I was a part of this conversation; I thought you were talking to Karl. ;-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Absolutely, the tool belt belongs on the construction site job.

My main problem with my bib apron is that the lower pockets fill with chips and sawdust.

Perfect! Then they're handy for when you make wood filler. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Swingman wrote:

I really like the cross back feature. I don't particularly like the the loop over your neck style of most aprons. I thought it would be better to have a cross back type design.
The catch is on the side and doesn't aggravate my shoulder,
Same with the HF apron, and that is also nice since as I get older I was starting to have trouble tying my apron behind my back. The HF one has a plastic latch that is easy to use, also on the side. I also bought the denim apron apron at HF. It is flimsy compared to the green one. The green one is substantial, really really substantial for the price.

--
Jack
If You Think Health Care is Expensive now, Wait Until it's FREE!

For those similarly inhibited, fit it backwards, tie it from the front, flip it around, and only then put the top cord over your head.

They're proud of that thing, aren't they? ChaCHING!
-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
On 7/31/10 10:52 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

By that description, it's clear you've "gotten some" at least once. :-)
--

-MIKE-

wrote the following:

<g> Um, it sure didn't feel like a "Lay 'er down, roll 'er over, anddo it again!" that time around, though, Mikey.
-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius

Somehow this reminds me of the aftermath of a whole different type of woodie working...
the following:

You guys are too much. The lone time in my life that I didn't mean anything dirty by it, you pick up the sub-vibes. (Kudos!)
-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
On 7/31/2010 10:52 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Your ASSuming that you can lift your arms higher than shoulder height to get a cross back model apron over your head ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

No, I specified the less kinky model (again, for once...) and you can use your grabber to pick up the string for the overhead move. A shorty, just like your^H need: http://fwd4.me/FYf
My left rotator cuff has been giving me a bit of a time these past months, so I'm aware of the limitations you're discussing.
-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
wrote

Mine has been giving me fits too, and that's my cane hand ...
-MIKE- wrote:

My wife made me one just like that 35 years ago. Both (wife and apron) wore out, so I bought this one at HF. It is exactly as you say.
--
Jack
ObamaCare: If its not good enough for Congress, it's not good enough for

Your wife is Chinese, I suppose.
wrote the following:

I prefer the plain ones better. Over a Welder's Apron, one has kickback protection as well. ;) http://www.harborfreight.com/denim-apron-32306.html http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-welders-leather-combo-set-94128.html
-- To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius

But the gloves don't give you much feel during the cut. ;~)
On 7/30/10 8:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I like that denim one because it's so long... I'll probably pick one up to go along with the one I bought. But I do prefer a few pockets.
--

-MIKE-