Why did Grizzly raise their prices?

No country has ever taxed itself into prosperity. JFK, Reagan, or GW doesn't think so either. As the economy grows, so will the revenue taken in by the government.

Reply to
Bob

It sounds like it, especially in the NYC area.

Reply to
GregP

Because *ALL* prices are going up across the board. We've been talking about this for months now, woodworking tools are going up in price because they've been artificially low for years now. It won't be just Grizzly, it'll be every brand taking a 10-20% increase over the next couple months.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Reagan lowered taxes for high-income people but he raised taxes on everyone else a number of times throughout his tenure. In spite of that, he and the Dem-controlled congress still managed to produce huge deficits (they seemed huge then, but GB II's make them seem small by comparison).

Reply to
GregP

Ok, Reagan had huge deficits. Do you think it only cost a dollar and ninety five cents to win the Cold War? Wasn't the deficit worth it? Years ago my wife and I took a tour with a group to Russia. I asked the tour guide that all we ever saw about Russia on TV was their military might. How come we don't see it any more? The tour guides response to me was, "your President Reagan broke us". Now Greg tell me if the deficit was worth it. You are obviously a liberal democrat and nothing Bush or the Republicans do, will you EVER agree with. I used to be a democrat when they were for the working man. Like in the days of Truman, Roosevelt, and JFK. Now look at who the leaders of my old party are.

Reply to
Bob

Pardon-Should have said Jet 1442

Reply to
RonB

apart don't last long in the market. You will notice a steady churn in the cheap models arena as people keep looking for a cheap *good* car. One doesn't exist because it costs too much to make a car good, but people keep trying. Only if they bring quality will they stand a real chance in the US auto market, and then they will have to be able to compete on price against the other low-cost imports.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

It cost a huge chunk of our wealth and apx 90,000 US servicemens' lives (and that's not counting the wounded) over a period of 40-odd years to "win" the Cold War. Do you truly believe that RR was "responsible ?" Or did he accelerate it by a few years ?

Reply to
GregP

You think so, still remember those tin can shit in the 60's, Datsun or Toyota? Toyota is the best-selling car today surpasses even GM, while Ford is struggling to remain as a major player:-)

Never, never underestimate your competitors. There are differences between our manufacturers here and elsewhere. In Japan, I presume later China; Our manufacturers are more interested in big buck NOW, or how much they can rip us today. While they (Japan, Taiwan, China etc.) gave us what some of us could not never afford, No?

Look at the drugs' companies...racking billions and they do not allow our govt. to negotiate for lower prices. Go to any HF and buy a set of hole saw for two-ninety-nine, or looking longingly at a US-MADE hole saw for fifty bucks. Maybe, they should enact laws, only family with more than $200,000 income are allow to have woodworking hobby (just joking and I really do not mean it).

We can argue till the cow come home in the evening who is right.

Greed is what killing.

Reply to
WD

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:54:57 -0700, Doug Winterburn calmly ranted:

Our very own Tom Plamann, Phully Laird, Sigh Kaplan, Kim Whitmyre, and Tawm Watson are all pretty good proof of that premise, wot?

----------------------------------------------------------------- When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

When that happens you change your niche. If you're fixiated on the idea that a market will continue to exist for a long time you're setting yourself up for trouble in the modern world.

So no, I don't think that in 20 years "Orange County Choppers" or whatever will still be building the products they are today. I couldn't tell you what products they will be building. But if they're smart they'll still be occupying a very profitable niche somewhere.

--RC

rcook5

entertainment..

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

Well, there's always been a strong market for soap opera.

--RC

rcook5

I wouldn't disagree with that at all. I rarely watch it, but the point is still valid.

Markets change, jobs and skills change, not much doesn't. I was sitt> OCC=Soap Opera

Reply to
Phil

If I could act as well as Benny Hinn, I'll be a minister. I'm on the road to riches.

Reply to
WD

Well, there was that little conflict in Korea, 38K US dead, and another in Vuetnam/Cambodia/Laos, another 58K US. That sounds like about 95 very dead K to me.

Reply to
GregP

Reminds me of the loggers protesting the spotted owl restrictions, many of them driving foreign-made pickups. Something not quite credible about that. (Not to mention the mill closure they were protesting was for a mill that had been closed for over ten years before the spotted owl was even discusssed!)

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

SPONSORED POLICE ACTION", 38K US dead,

Reply to
Bob

Spotted Owl is highly overrated. Not nearly as tasty as Blue Heron but more flavourful than Condor.

Mmmmm... I noticed pmug. OneNet still a going concern, Glenna?

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy