Why did Grizzly raise their prices?

Page 3 of 4

If I could act as well as Benny Hinn, I'll be a minister. I'm on the road to riches.

[snipped for space]
Hey, this rant of yours had some substance, including some actual facts. Obviously you lack an understanding of the nature of NG rants. Please kill some of your brain cells, or take some being-hit-in-the-head lessons, before reposting. Thank you, that is all. -- Igor
Not that much substance to rant ratio. Remember, inflation concerns "housing costs," not the cost of housing.
A dollar spent by government benefits everyone. A dollar saved by an individual, however just creates another undeserving rich b*st*rd....

kill

George, as an economist, you are probably an excellent woodworker.
The thing that _really_ scares me is that you are among the tiny minority of voters who even give a damn about economics. Kinda like realizing that the people who devour supermarket tabloids are among the minority of Americans who actually read.
--RC

Even the dollars spent by our ex-Governor who took kickbacks to vastly overpay for construction projects?
Barry

You left off the part that applies to the governor - he's one of the undeserving rich, or hoped to be. The dollars spent for "prevailing wage" and "affirmative action" preferences were a definite societal plus. Besides, as you know, it's employment, regardless of output, that counts. It's a liberal Shibboleth - don't you remember how the WPA "pulled the country out of the depression?"
Of course then there's the AlGore modification,where government money should go to "the right people...."
And to the moronic bookend boys who replied so viciously - GOTCHA!

... and then there's the GB II modification, where the prez spends huge amounts of money but does not have the morals or courage to collect enough taxes to pay for it (come to think of it, that Ronnie Reagan did the same thing).
No country has ever taxed itself into prosperity. JFK, Reagan, or GW doesn't think so either. As the economy grows, so will the revenue taken in by the government.
wrote:

should

Reagan lowered taxes for high-income people but he raised taxes on everyone else a number of times throughout his tenure. In spite of that, he and the Dem-controlled congress still managed to produce huge deficits (they seemed huge then, but GB II's make them seem small by comparison).
Ok, Reagan had huge deficits. Do you think it only cost a dollar and ninety five cents to win the Cold War? Wasn't the deficit worth it? Years ago my wife and I took a tour with a group to Russia. I asked the tour guide that all we ever saw about Russia on TV was their military might. How come we don't see it any more? The tour guides response to me was, "your President Reagan broke us". Now Greg tell me if the deficit was worth it. You are obviously a liberal democrat and nothing Bush or the Republicans do, will you EVER agree with. I used to be a democrat when they were for the working man. Like in the days of Truman, Roosevelt, and JFK. Now look at who the leaders of my old party are.
wrote:

in

It cost a huge chunk of our wealth and apx 90,000 US servicemens' lives (and that's not counting the wounded) over a period of 40-odd years to "win" the Cold War. Do you truly believe that RR was "responsible ?" Or did he accelerate it by a few years ?
Are you talking about WW2? I don't recall that many lives lost in the Cold War. I served 8 years during the cold war and accidents excluded I do not recall any casualties. I don't think you know what ur talking about. And that's the facts Jack
wrote:

ninety

Well, there was that little conflict in Korea, 38K US dead, and another in Vuetnam/Cambodia/Laos, another 58K US. That sounds like about 95 very dead K to me.
Greg The conflicts you refer to below were not part of the Cold War. They were wars started by the Democrat administrations. You are obviously not a student of history. Why don't you take some courses at night? Maybe you'll learn something. Get over the last election the left wing of our party lost the election for us old Democrats. When they start believing , so-to-speak, in motherhood and apple pie again, my grand old party will once again dominate. Greg get a life, wake up and smell the coffee.
wrote:

Cold
SPONSORED POLICE ACTION", 38K US dead,

The conflicts -- Vietnam, Korea -- were absolutely part of the Cold War. The only reason we got involved at all was because the Russians would be supporting the `other' side and our politicians would get nervous about being tagged as the people who `lost' (fill in the blank.)
Or, the Russians and/or Chinese would seek to liberate exploit stir up trouble free overturn right a wrong
(pick your version of events) and the U.S. would respond.
The phrase `Cold War' does not mean there was no shooting. It just means that the U.S. and the Russians didn't shoot at each other directly, since that would quickly escalate into our Mutually Assured Destruction. (the policy of MAD).
It would more accurate to call that time the `Decades of War by Proxy.'
And before you tag the Dems as the warmonger party, remember that the Gulf of Tonkin resolution, which became the thin reed of authorization for prosecuting the conflict, says in part ...
``Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the Congress approves and supports the determination of the President, as Commander in Chief, to take all necessary measures to repel any armed attack against the forces of the United States and to prevent further aggression.''
Surely there were one or two Republicans that voted for the measure. would love to find the actual vote breakdown, but it escapes me for the moment.

Larry Levinson Talking up to the vocal ... LLevinson*Bloomberg.net (remove the star etc ....)
You're quite a case.
Bulgaria Czechoslovakia Hungary Poland Romania Soviet sector of Germany
Lost because we wouldn't - thought we couldn't - resist. Then we learned our lesson.
Damn close in Greece, Yugoslavia and Austria.
Had you forgotten, or did you never learn why the cold war began?

Larry Levinson notes:

And it was Ike who sent the first U.S. "advisers" to 'Nam.
Charlie Self "A politician is an animal which can sit on a fence and yet keep both ears to the ground." H. L. Mencken
Charlie Self wrote:

I think it was actually Truman, on September 27, 1950 when the U.S. established a Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) in Saigon to aid the French Army.

You're mixing up your Limbaughisms. You are also creating both sides, actually about a dozen sides, to some unnown arguments that only you know about and then slinging insults against all of them. What, precisely, is your point, other than that you are a good little ditto head out for a gang bang ?

<...snipped...>
Uh, seems to me that Korea and Viet Nam, to mention the bigger conflicts, were fought during and as a result of cold war policies...
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland