Why Being a SoCal WoodDorker Rules

Ah, Tijuana, the shit hole of the world. (A Mexican told me that, once.)

Reply to
Silvan

You are not the only one with the onion problem. I love them, but can't stomach them! Buddy of mine is somewhat the same way, only he gets sick as a dog! I think he is where they coined the phrase "projectile vomiting" from!

Reply to
Denis

No projectile vomiting, but I could fill the Hindenberg with all the gas I produce. Between the back to back 25-second long expulsions of flatus and the perpetual vurps, eating just a small chunk of onion is a miserable experience.

I have the same problem with most varieties of pepper. I can eat chile powder, and cayenne (I think that's a ground up pepper) in moderation, but bell peppers, jalapeños, etc., hooooo boy.

Reply to
Silvan

Yep. The big beaches and the border towns are the worst. I've found that the best way to plan a vacation is to find out where the Mexican families go when they travel.

That's a shame. For me a big part of traveling is trying the different regional cuisines. SWMBO makes fun of me, because I'm always asking folks in restaurants to tell *me* what I should eat. (She's Canuckistani, though, so she doesn't really know anything about cuisine besides moose jerky, back bacon and Molson.)

Of course I also like all kinds of chiles and spicy things.

That *is* tough. I can think of any number of cuisines that base almost everything on onions, garlic, and bell pepper. Even SWMBO, who hates raw onions, loves them sauteed or in sauces.

Chuck Vance

Reply to
Conan the Librarian

Sorry for being tardy. I just now saw this thread. Nothing to get up set about. However, you suck! There I said it.

bh

Patrick Olgu> Greetings Late-Fall WoodDorking Mavens,

Reply to
haugen