Why Being a SoCal WoodDorker Rules

Page 3 of 6
It is not hard to be a better choice than Davis. The main thing needed is someone (anyone) who will veto the BS hippie legislation that they pass in Sacramento. Below BAD mentioned two good things that Arnold has already done. That's a start. It will be an uphill battle for him (or anyone, for that matter) to get spending under control here, but at least he recognizes that spending is a problem. Davis never did.
Silvan (below) also has one of the most crucial points covered. Politicians MUST learn in Calif that they can be fired. I believe that when some of them saw the ire raised by the illegal alien bill and the proposed free college tuition for illegals bill and they realized that we would be willing to turn some of them out they did a 180 and acted to repeal the bad legislation. Thus, it was a good thing.
Glen

On 24 Nov 2003 18:09:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) brought forth from the murky depths:

I did some of that this weekend despite the 30F temps.
http://diversify.com/pics/debridge2.jpg

Ah, I see that you used fine jummywood, too. I used poisoned jummywood (in 2 flavors!) for the little bridge. Now to put in the walkway...oh my aching back.
P.S: Your pushsticks appear quite lively. Are they fully thawed?
P.P.S: That's right. C-less actually did some woodworking this past weekend.
- Don't be a possum on the Information Superhighway of life. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Database-Driven Websites

Nice-looking bridge Larry. Umm, I don't know how to put this, but you seem to have mis-placed the stream.
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 04:24:45 +0000, Mark & Juanita wrote:

:-)
So, when you planning on building the stream for under the bridge?
Renata

Patrick Olguin wrote:

Ya got nothin' on us. Last year my neighbor an were woodworking outdoors at night in January here in Buffalo, NY. We were actually sweating.
Okay, were were shoring up his garage roof that was about to collapse from the snow load while his '57 Chevy was parked inside.
Well maybe, but at least up here near Seattle we actually know what a cathouse is.....
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Patrick Olguin" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Glad you're enjoying it. I have this week off and was looking forward to the nite sessions here in good ole So. Cal. Those damn winds that kicked up the other day did a number on me and now I'm too sick to get outside. I live over by the San Bernandino Mnts. and all that crap from the fires kicked up good. AAARRRRGGGG!! Well, have fun.
--
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

$#!#!$#% we'll talk in the summer when the shoe is on the other foot
Frank (it's snowing right now)

That's why I like Seattle. It is rarely too hot, nor too cold.
Of course, you get to decide real quick that using finishes which aren't usable indoors means you're limited to 2 days/year that you can finish.
--randy
Hey I had to turn the heater on in my shop (garage) tonight. I think it was about 60 out! But that Orange county for you

On 24 Nov 2003 18:09:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote:

But we have trees locally, not desert (of the sandy and the concrete / tarmac varieties)

Hey Paddy, I just bought 300 bf of ash @ $1.25/bf. What do you SoCal folks pay? :-)
--
Scott Post snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com http://home.insightbb.com/~sepost /

Just say, had to cough up an extortionist $1.50/bf for walnut.

$375 ?? that must be some piece of ash!
On 24 Nov 2003 18:09:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote:

I'll say the same to you that I say to cyclists from your area. Let's chat next August. <G>
Barry
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote: while being cold

There's nothing better than taking an eastern rider out in 115 degree "dry" heat. No shade, lots of sunshine.
The first climb kills them.
And there's nobody else on the trail either <(;-}
You can have your humidity. It's still easier to ride at 115 degrees and 25% humidity than trying to ride at 90/90....... my camelback doesn't carry that much water!
Gary(gearing up for a turkey day ride where it's supposed to be ~75 F) gloat gloat gloat gloat gloat gloat

I find the same conditions when it's 30F in December! <G>
Barry
Barry Burke responds:

We muyst have been tougher. We'd get a lot of people out on the lake at Glens Falls in February during the motorcycle ice races...usually anywhere from 5 to 15 below and windy.
Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

Yeah, but Charlie, you're talking about *real* bikes, the kind with motors, not those annoying two-wheeled things that slow traffic down to a crawl on major thoroughfares. (May as well throw in some oxcarts to go with them, except the oxcarts don't have those jaunty sissified lycra-spandex riding atire)
[He says after having survived the screw-the-drivers de Tucson last weekend -- had to drive 14 miles out of my way in order to get home. BTW, I could live with that once a year (business for the local economy and all), it's just the daily attitude that irritates me. One of the nattily attired women riders was interviewed the day before the race, making the comment, "It gets people used to us being on the roads, the more bicycles the better in my opinion"]
/end rant --gosh, that felt good

Mark & Juanita responds:

Well, in a sense. These things were set up as half-milers, so you wouldn't really want them on the street, and the studs were real fun if you fell in front of the pack. The few times I did it, I was fortunate enough to be slow, as well as clumsy, so my falls were at the back.